What To Wear?

Hi. I will be attending Level 1 at Pocono Raceway on 5/16. I will be riding your bike and also renting the gear (i've paid for it already).

I'm only going to bring the helmet.

I'm not sure what should (can) i wear underneath the AGV leathers that will be provided by your school.

Would you please clarify?

Thanks!

Just wear what you would normally wear under your leathers (assuming you have leathers) If not, wear some kind of underwear ;) and a t shirt. If the weather is likely to be hot you might find a breathable t shirt will stop you sweating too much under the leathers.

Hi. I will be attending Level 1 at Pocono Raceway on 5/16. I will be riding your bike and also renting the gear (i've paid for it already).

I'm not sure what should (can) i wear underneath the AGV leathers that will be provided by your school.

Thanks!

Here are the possible things:

1. A t-shirt and underwear. I don't like this, cotton when it sweats just sticks you to the leathers, not that comfortable.

2. Under Armour--a lot of guys like this. Wear long sleeve, slides better in the leathers. Some wear similar type shorts too. It's better in the hot than cotton.

3. Inner suits, like the ones from Kushitani or RS-Tai Ichi. My first choice. Kushitani is the most comfortable, RS is more durable, and cheaper.

We try and stock the inner suits, but don't always have them (supply issues) on hand. You can certainly call the office if you'd like to check on that. The inner suits if you are going to do any amount of riding in warm weather, are the way to go (I won't get in my leathers without it). Cooler, and they let the suit move on you, not bind, which is what happens when one sweats in them. In cost weather, I just long sleve long johns like the under armour.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Cobie Fair

Chief Riding Coach

Thanks!

Here are the possible things:

1. A t-shirt and underwear. I don't like this, cotton when it sweats just sticks you to the leathers, not that comfortable.

2. Under Armour--a lot of guys like this. Wear long sleeve, slides better in the leathers. Some wear similar type shorts too. It's better in the hot than cotton.

3. Inner suits, like the ones from Kushitani or RS-Tai Ichi. My first choice. Kushitani is the most comfortable, RS is more durable, and cheaper.

We try and stock the inner suits, but don't always have them (supply issues) on hand. You can certainly call the office if you'd like to check on that. The inner suits if you are going to do any amount of riding in warm weather, are the way to go (I won't get in my leathers without it). Cooler, and they let the suit move on you, not bind, which is what happens when one sweats in them. In cost weather, I just long sleve long johns like the under armour.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Cobie Fair

Chief Riding Coach

What under armour do you recommend Cobie?

What under armour do you recommend Cobie?

I'm going to jump in here because I use the Under Armour and really like it. Under Armour is a brand name, and it's available in most sporting goods stores now. It comes in 'Hot Gear' for hot weather and 'Cold Gear' for cold weather. Both versions are a thin stretchy material that fits easily under leathers and keeps you cool or warm. The Cold Gear is surprisingly effective at blocking the cold wind under perforated leathers, and the Hot Gear really helps you cool down quickly on hot days. Cobie's right, the long sleeves make it easier to slide out of your leathers in the heat, plus they help protect your elbows from rubs. Oh, and you can't SEE through the Under Armour - the mesh inner suits are pretty revealing (and I use the work "pretty" very loosely here).

I hope this is helpful.

I'm going to jump in here because I use the Under Armour and really like it. Under Armour is a brand name, and it's available in most sporting goods stores now. It comes in 'Hot Gear' for hot weather and 'Cold Gear' for cold weather. Both versions are a thin stretchy material that fits easily under leathers and keeps you cool or warm. The Cold Gear is surprisingly effective at blocking the cold wind under perforated leathers, and the Hot Gear really helps you cool down quickly on hot days. Cobie's right, the long sleeves make it easier to slide out of your leathers in the heat, plus they help protect your elbows from rubs. Oh, and you can't SEE through the Under Armour - the mesh inner suits are pretty revealing (and I use the work "pretty" very loosely here).

I hope this is helpful.

I haven't worn the under armour myself, but a number of coaches have. We are even selling our own brand of under armor like shirt, but that won't help you with the bottom, which I like to have too, if you move on the bike, it can bind at your knees (like the elbows).

Rick448--Let us know what you get and how you like it.

C

Will do Cobie, I'll look into this a bit more here as I am in the UK so things that you can buy there may not be available here.

UK, right. I'm going to shoot this link to the cheif coach in the UK, Johnny. He'd know what was available there for sure.

C

• 4 weeks later...

Ditto. Under Armor slips and slides easier inside the leathers and prevents binding. Don't leave home without them. :)

I use under armour. I like the leggings and long sleeve compression for winter, short sleeve compression top for summer and heat gear leggings.

Our summers are pretty hot, so I take my suit off and put on shorts between sessions

I pretty much use it every time I wear leathers. If anyone has hand washed theirs (i.e double TD) you will see how much ###### they absorb instead of going into your leathers lining.