Are Car Lines Similar To Bike Lines?

martys

I've found a pretty good reference to my local track (Pacific Raceways) that includes recommended lines and photos of each turn. The only problem is it's from the local car club. My question is, are cornering lines for cars the same as those for bikes? I would think the entry, apex and exit are very similar just the driving mechanics are different on 4 wheels vs 2.

Here's a link to the doc. http://www.bmwpugetsound.com/pr_track_notes.pdf

thanks alot,

Marty

I would agree that the entry, apex and exit lines will be similar. I can't think of any glaring exceptions at the moment.

That's a pretty track and a nifty guidebook. I didn't read all of it for details; but, what a nice idea.

I would agree that the entry, apex and exit lines will be similar. I can't think of any glaring exceptions at the moment.

That's a pretty track and a nifty guidebook. I didn't read all of it for details; but, what a nice idea.

I've had car guys say both ways -- they are nothing alike, and they're similar. They seem to be not far different to me.

Best,

C