Dropping Bike Off At Barber On Friday 8/22

I am attending the school at Barber on 8/23 and 8/24 (Sat & Sun). When can I drop my bike off at the track on the Friday before the school (from what time to what time)?

Normally the organization that is renting the track will make arrangements with ZOOM to have security sign you in between 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. on Friday. The last CSS school I went to in June had no such arrangement. We tried to get in but were turned away. You might want to call CSS and see if they can arrange for you and everyone else that is coming in on Friday to be able to get in. I don't think it is a matter cost but just notifying security at the gate to sign you in...They will need a list of all participants to be able to do that..Have fun!

Wow, that would thoroughly suck and I would be MOST disappointed if that were the situation this year. I sent an email to CSS from their website with the info you gave me. CSS is a very organized and professional operation (that is why I am taking it). I just don't see a respected school like this shitting on its customers before they even get on the track.

I am really getting worried now. I figured it was a given that I could drop my bike.

Wow, that would thoroughly suck and I would be MOST disappointed if that were the situation this year. I sent an email to CSS from their website with the info you gave me. CSS is a very organized and professional operation (that is why I am taking it). I just don't see a respected school like this shitting on its customers before they even get on the track.

I am really getting worried now. I figured it was a given that I could drop my bike.

Usually we have no problems with the trackday orgs getting in the night before. I will be bringing my RV and camping in the pits, so I hope everything from Barber's standpoint is ran just like any other trackday event.

Shane

Usually we have no problems with the trackday orgs getting in the night before. I will be bringing my RV and camping in the pits, so I hope everything from Barber's standpoint is ran just like any other trackday event.

Shane

Yea, I have only slept with my bike in the room on my very first out of town track day and that was only because I didn't know you can always drop your bike early. It was 31 degrees outside and when I woke up, with the bike in the room, it wreaked pretty bad.

Now I am worried. I emailed the school and this thread has been on here since last week and I haven't gotten a reply in either place. Surely a school as organized as CSS would allow the same courtesy as every track day org I know of, in allowing students to drop off their bikes at the track the night before.

Now I am worried. I emailed the school and this thread has been on here since last week and I haven't gotten a reply in either place. Surely a school as organized as CSS would allow the same courtesy as every track day org I know of, in allowing students to drop off their bikes at the track the night before.

I called the school and they have no problem with dropping off the bike the night before, but it is totally up to the track. I also asked about camping at the track which is up to the track as well. Unfortunately, my email from the track says that CSS doesn't allow camping during its events. So I am now trying to get in touch with the track and see why they said CSS doesn't allow camping. Barber is a really strange place from a management standpoint. Every time I go to that track they change the rules about something.

I called the school and they have no problem with dropping off the bike the night before, but it is totally up to the track. I also asked about camping at the track which is up to the track as well. Unfortunately, my email from the track says that CSS doesn't allow camping during its events. So I am now trying to get in touch with the track and see why they said CSS doesn't allow camping. Barber is a really strange place from a management standpoint. Every time I go to that track they change the rules about something.

Ok, I just got off the phone with Barber and there will be no camping allowed. The reason is that they charge and extra fee to the organization to allow camping and CSS doesn't pay the fee in order to keep costs down. So we will not be allowed to camp at the track. Heather from Barber is checking on gate times for Friday, but her first response was that we probably wouldn't have access Friday night. She is going to call me back and let me know later this week.

Shane,

Thanks so much for checking into that and keeping me up to date with the info. So, I guess it is not looking too good for dropping off or camping. Will you have to go to an RV park or what else can you do? I may have to breathe gas vapors all night....along with wife and dog (we leave him in the hotel when at Barber). Not being able to drop a bike off is most uncool since I would think there will be many out of town people with bikes.

I feared the worst since no one from the school has responded to neither this thread nor my email to the school.

Shane,

Thanks so much for checking into that and keeping me up to date with the info. So, I guess it is not looking too good for dropping off or camping. Will you have to go to an RV park or what else can you do? I may have to breathe gas vapors all night....along with wife and dog (we leave him in the hotel when at Barber). Not being able to drop a bike off is most uncool since I would think there will be many out of town people with bikes.

I feared the worst since no one from the school has responded to neither this thread nor my email to the school.

I am not bringing the RV if I can't camp at the track. I will just bring the bike in the back of the truck. I may come out Friday, but more than likely I will just leave home early Saturday morning and get a hotel for Saturday night.

Shane

Shane,

I am not bringing the RV if I can't camp at the track. I will just bring the bike in the back of the truck. I may come out Friday, but more than likely I will just leave home early Saturday morning and get a hotel for Saturday night.

Shane

You must live a bit closer to the track than I do. I am in Greenville, SC...4.5 to 6 hours depending on Atlanta traffic.

Yep, they are expecting us to sleep with our bikes. I just got this from Whitney at CSS:

"You will only be able to drop off your bike while CSS is there setting

up. We have no way of knowing exactly when we will be there. It could

be any time between 1-7pm. According to Trevor, CSS Course Control,

Barber will not let you in unless we are there too. You can leave your

bike there after school on 8/23 but it is pretty hard to time it right

on 8/22."

Thorough disappointment, that is for sure.

Shane,

I may have to breathe gas vapors all night....along with wife and dog (we leave him in the hotel when at Barber).

Excuse my ignorance, but why does your bike smell? Mine is parked in my living room without issue.

Shane,

Shane

You must live a bit closer to the track than I do. I am in Greenville, SC...4.5 to 6 hours depending on Atlanta traffic.

I am just north of Atlanta so it is a little over 2 hours if there is no traffic. But I get 1 hour back with the time zone difference. I plan to be at the track by 6:30 AM, so I have to leave my house around 5:00 AM. I was looking forward to using the RV, but it just isn't worth pulling it out there if I can't hang out with people in the paddock after the day is over.

Shane

I always make sure to get a ground floor motel room so as to utilize the free climate controlled pit with wall to wall, showers, built in beds, HBO, microwave, private access and swimming pool.

All my bikes live where they belong... in the living room.

Of course, my bikes are immaculate works of art that are better cared for than most people's children.

Never had a problem with bikes "wreaking" or smelling up the motel room with fuel vapors. I suppose if you were transporting the bike in 31 degree weather and then brought it inside without equalizing the tank pressure...

I know you guys don't know me at all, but if you did, you would know everything that I own that is mechanical, is immaculate. So, that isn't the issue.

I only slept with my bike once and it was the 31 degree day and it was really bad in the room in the morning.

Racer, you have been to a lot of tracks, why would you put your bike in your room when you can drop it at the track the night before?

I am still going to learn a lot at the school and this won't get in the way of learning but I am really so very disappointed in CSS for this. There are various schools to choose from and each person makes their decision on which school based on many factors. CSS is run very well and I like the instructors and format very well, that is but one of the factors in my decision making process. Yes, I would still take the class knowing I can not drop my bike at the track, but I expected a bit more from CSS.

Meat

I am still going to learn a lot at the school and this won't get in the way of learning but I am really so very disappointed in CSS for this. There are various schools to choose from and each person makes their decision on which school based on many factors. CSS is run very well and I like the instructors and format very well, that is but one of the factors in my decision making process. Yes, I would still take the class knowing I can not drop my bike at the track, but I expected a bit more from CSS.

Meat:

The California Superbike School is a Cornering School, not a Camp Ground Conceriege Service. They travel all over the US starting in the first week in February and go until the first week in December. They bring their School to a drive distance that almost all of us can manage no matter where we live so to be upset because they don't also coordinate our accomodations is simply ridiculous.

You can go to other Schools no question but the last time I checked, Kevin Schwanz's School is only at Road Atlanta, Freddie Spencer's School is at either Miller or Las Vegas and the others are either limited in venues or dates. If you want to offer constructive feedback to this forum I would suggest that you focus on the principles of cornering and leave the camping issues for a camping forum.

Kevin Kane

I know you guys don't know me at all, but if you did, you would know everything that I own that is mechanical, is immaculate. So, that isn't the issue.

I only slept with my bike once and it was the 31 degree day and it was really bad in the room in the morning.

Racer, you have been to a lot of tracks, why would you put your bike in your room when you can drop it at the track the night before?

Meat

Waaaa

Meat:

The California Superbike School is a Cornering School, not a Camp Ground Conceriege Service. They travel all over the US starting in the first week in February and go until the first week in December. They bring their School to a drive distance that almost all of us can manage no matter where we live so to be upset because they don't also coordinate our accomodations is simply ridiculous.

You can go to other Schools no question but the last time I checked, Kevin Schwanz's School is only at Road Atlanta, Freddie Spencer's School is at either Miller or Las Vegas and the others are either limited in venues or dates. If you want to offer constructive feedback to this forum I would suggest that you focus on the principles of cornering and leave the camping issues for a camping forum.

Kevin Kane

Wow Kevin, I am merely expecting to be able to drop off my bike at a track. That is my feedback. Why sensationalize it up to the point of Camp Group Concierge Service? Drop bike at track that is all, nothing else.

Yes, they travel all over the country, same tracks, and similar dates. I like the freaking school! I expected to be able to drop my bike. Are you still confused? You know, like when you go to a track day or a race, you drop your bike the day before.

I still would take the school knowing I can not drop my bike (as I have mentioned before), but adding the convenience of dropping my bike would have been nice. Let's not blow this totally out of proportion.

I have been to Barber many many times and have stayed at the Days Inn on the south side of I-20 and at the Comfort Suites on the North side of I-20 with my Bike in tow. Usually there are other participants staying at the same locations. I have never had an issue but I do take certain precautions on how I park and what I leave in my trailer. Just remember for ten more dollars you get four feather pillows, a cold A/C and a kick ass shower at the Comfort Suites.

There are several different places to eat with pretty good food....Try the steak House with the "BIG ASS FAN" There is a huge fan hung in the middle of the steak house that has fan blades at least 15 feet long...may be not the eight wonder of the world but a big hit in Leeds Alabama.

I have been to Barber many many times and have stayed at the Days Inn on the south side of I-20 and at the Comfort Suites on the North side of I-20 with my Bike in tow. Usually there are other participants staying at the same locations. I have never had an issue but I do take certain precautions on how I park and what I leave in my trailer. Just remember for ten more dollars you get four feather pillows, a cold A/C and a kick ass shower at the Comfort Suites.

There are several different places to eat with pretty good food....Try the steak House with the "BIG ASS FAN" There is a huge fan hung in the middle of the steak house that has fan blades at least 15 feet long...may be not the eight wonder of the world but a big hit in Leeds Alabama.

Fossil....thanks for the info. I only was at Barber for about 6 or 8 laps before my trans broke. I stayed at the Days Inn because they took dogs. Is the Comfort Inn nicer than the Days Inn....and more importantly, is it colder?!!

Big Ass Fan Steakhouse......where is it? They don't call me Meat because I eat tofu. :)

I know nothing of the area so thankyou for the info. I may just leave my bike outside . I have my truck so tightly packed that it will take a lot of work to steal my bike. I will probably put my generator inside though. I am so relaxed about the security of my stuff at just about any track, but rather paranoid with my stuff anywhere else.

Fossil....thanks for the info. I only was at Barber for about 6 or 8 laps before my trans broke. I stayed at the Days Inn because they took dogs. Is the Comfort Inn nicer than the Days Inn....and more importantly, is it colder?!!

Big Ass Fan Steakhouse......where is it? They don't call me Meat because I eat tofu. :)

I know nothing of the area so thankyou for the info. I may just leave my bike outside . I have my truck so tightly packed that it will take a lot of work to steal my bike. I will probably put my generator inside though. I am so relaxed about the security of my stuff at just about any track, but rather paranoid with my stuff anywhere else.

Meat,

The Comfort Inn Suites is much more comfortable and has a cold, cold A/C. The steak house is called Santa Fe Cattle Company and is just down past Wal-Mart on the right. Comfort Inn Suites also has a Cracker Barrel next door that opens at 06:00 a.m. We get there when it opens, eat and at the track at 06:45. I just prefer the food at Cracker Barrel except for the music which drives me crazy.