Anyone Have Data Logs On Rear Suspension Travel?

Apollo

So I'm having a discussion on whether the rear of the bike squats or rises under acceleration. I've shown my friend video of bikes rising under acceleration on a dyno and some slow motion of race bikes, but he's still not convinced.

Does anyone have a data logging system on their bike with a shock pot on the rear for rear suspension travel? Basically, I'm just looking for someone who has data logged for throttle, rpm, wheel speed, and rear shock position. I've got MoTeC, Pi, and Bosch if anyone uses those; I'm open to any other software that I can get for free.

Thanks

Allard

So I'm having a discussion on whether the rear of the bike squats or rises under acceleration. I've shown my friend video of bikes rising under acceleration on a dyno and some slow motion of race bikes, but he's still not convinced.

Does anyone have a data logging system on their bike with a shock pot on the rear for rear suspension travel? Basically, I'm just looking for someone who has data logged for throttle, rpm, wheel speed, and rear shock position. I've got MoTeC, Pi, and Bosch if anyone uses those; I'm open to any other software that I can get for free.

Thanks

Allard

Allard,

I know it does, Keith and some engineers have gone over it with me more than once. Way back when to prove it Keith would have students stick their fingers in the rear springs of the old 2 shock bikes, and see for themselves what happened.

If we do get some data up here on it, (a few engineers and tech guys visit the forum), see if we can get some pictures or make it so everyone can understand it, please :)

CF