Rear Brake Adjustment

Just as I thought I was done mucking with my new bling rearsets, I realize that I can't cut the rod on the master cylinder short enough to put the brake pedal in a position closer to where my stock pedal was.

I usually ride with my pegs under the balls of my feet. This new pedal isn't in the way, per se. On those rare occasions when I'd need to use the rear brake, the pedal is so far up that it looks nearly parallel with the peg. In order to use the pedal, I would only need to slide my foot forward.

My question is: Where do you guys usually put your brake pedal? And do I need to engineer a solution to get my pedal height nearer my stock setup.

Fabricate a bracket to relocate your master cylinder.

Just as I thought I was done mucking with my new bling rearsets, I realize that I can't cut the rod on the master cylinder short enough to put the brake pedal in a position closer to where my stock pedal was.

I usually ride with my pegs under the balls of my feet. This new pedal isn't in the way, per se. On those rare occasions when I'd need to use the rear brake, the pedal is so far up that it looks nearly parallel with the peg. In order to use the pedal, I would only need to slide my foot forward.

My question is: Where do you guys usually put your brake pedal? And do I need to engineer a solution to get my pedal height nearer my stock setup.

that does sound pretty high, now way to adjust it lower?

CF

that does sound pretty high, now way to adjust it lower?

CF

I may have to fabricate something, as I don't see any further adjustments. OR....If I can get a shorter eye bolt (I think that's what it's called) then that may work.

Fabricate a bracket to relocate your master cylinder.

Thanks for your reply racer, but it would help a great deal if you'd put some meat on the bones.

Most model specific rear set kits include a bracket for the rear master cylinder. If your kit didn't include one, and fabrication skills aren't your forte, I'd suggest returning your kit and finding a different kit that does. As it happens, I am a parts person at the local Honda/Kawasaki dealership. If you tell me your make/model, I can hook you up.