Hello / Intro

hello

firstly an intro , i am a 39 yr old guy from the u.k came back to bikes a few years ago , having ridden field bikes off road a little as a kid .wanted to learn about riding bikes faster after having done a couple of seasons karting ( amateur level and 4 wheels not 2 !) got hold of twist 1 then 2 , this helped my road riding and understanding immensely .

Bearing in mind strangers advice at the time was "jump on and give it a handful " - Hmmmmm ,

did my first trackday on a 600 suzuki bandit , then got a 600 honda hornet and now currently a 97 gsxr 600srad .

I have done the schools in the u.k my second level 4 this year (hopefully again next year) . Coaches a very helpful bunch all of them .

I,m not racing ( i wish ) but progress was amazing , by my standards and i progressed to my current state, although i,m always looking for improvement i can usually run in the top 40 percent in the fast group at local trackdays , although this didn,t happen overnight taking 3 and a half years , and a lot of brain work / barriers getting out maybe 10 times a year .

i wish i,d had the twist books when i was karting as this has changed my whole approach also performance riding techniques book(Andy Ibbott ) helped with the pictures when i was trying to nail body position points .

i go back to the books often , anyway look forward to asking you questions on the finer points as well as the basics and reading the articles ( i enjoyed the "bands of traction" ) now that i finally got round to joining the forum .

I,m off now to repeat the throttle rule to myself a couple more times ....

Cheers

Hi Teg,

Glad you are aboard, and the schools went well in the UK (expected nothing less, Andy and his lads are keen at doing it right).

Sounds like you've had good success with your riding, and your approach, please feel free to chime in with questions/answers/opinions at any point.

Best,

Cobie

Hi Teg,

Glad you are aboard, and the schools went well in the UK (expected nothing less, Andy and his lads are keen at doing it right).

Sounds like you've had good success with your riding, and your approach, please feel free to chime in with questions/answers/opinions at any point.

Best,

Cobie

cheers cobie ,

will post soon , particularly interested in double apex / double lefts and rights turns and throttle aplication in these , will have a trawl of the site first as my questions more than likely already been answered - but theres nearly always something to ask , thanks .

cheers cobie ,

will post soon , particularly interested in double apex / double lefts and rights turns and throttle aplication in these , will have a trawl of the site first as my questions more than likely already been answered - but theres nearly always something to ask , thanks .

Don't recall something exactly like that, but have a look then let us know :)

C