If A Spot Is Open In January

If I can get a spot in January for April, I'm going to do the two day in Vegas. I'll have the money then for the deposit, and my wife will have something to do while I'm at the school is why we're doing Vegas. We lived there for a year and a couple months, so she's familiar with it. I'm not going to get too excited yet, because I've been told these schools fill up quick, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. YAY (maybe).

A question for Cobie, though. If I try to sign up for it and that school is full, will it tell me that there aren't any spots available?

If I can get a spot in January for April, I'm going to do the two day in Vegas. I'll have the money then for the deposit, and my wife will have something to do while I'm at the school is why we're doing Vegas. We lived there for a year and a couple months, so she's familiar with it. I'm not going to get too excited yet, because I've been told these schools fill up quick, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. YAY (maybe).

A question for Cobie, though. If I try to sign up for it and that school is full, will it tell me that there aren't any spots available?

Hubbard,

Easiest thing is just call the office. It can change daily/sometimes hourly, so we don't put the sign up's on line, but handle them all in the office. A deposit will secure the spot, with more than 2 weeks notice you can get it all back (minus 3% refund charge). 800-530-3350.

Right now it's about 25% full.

CF

Hubbard,

Easiest thing is just call the office. It can change daily/sometimes hourly, so we don't put the sign up's on line, but handle them all in the office. A deposit will secure the spot, with more than 2 weeks notice you can get it all back (minus 3% refund charge). 800-530-3350.

Right now it's about 25% full.

CF

Thanks. I'm really not worried about the refund. I'm going. Thanks for the number. When I get paid in January I'm putting down my money.

Here's a question if you have a minute. I was told this summer that I should wait to go to this school until I have more experience. I've been thinking about it, and I've developed some bad habits that I'm sure will be harder to correct with time. Do you think a newer rider should go to this school. I would think so because it gives him the tools to improve that he can work on instead of change to.

If your riding like your pic and haven't done the school yet your certainly ready. I'm not implying anything wrong with your photo, simply that if your at the level of dragging a knee the school will just make you better. I think the school would be a waste to a brand new rider fresh off of learning the actual mechanics of riding a motorcycle but anyone who has ridden for more than a few years will find huge benefits. I did the 2 day camp in Vegas last Feb after 19 years of street riding and about 5 years of very sporadic (damn budget) racing, and found out more in 2 days than I thought possible. And yes it adds to your mental toolbox!

Here's a question if you have a minute. I was told this summer that I should wait to go to this school until I have more experience. I've been thinking about it, and I've developed some bad habits that I'm sure will be harder to correct with time. Do you think a newer rider should go to this school. I would think so because it gives him the tools to improve that he can work on instead of change to.

Here's a 100% biased opinion :)

We've had students with very little experience come to the school and it worked fine. Why get some years of bad habits that have to be worked out? We've had others that we have turned away, too little experience. Here is our yardstick: if they have attention on the control actions of the bike, like shifting, braking, letting the clutch out then they should get more experience. In many cases, if we can get them BEFORE they start their track riding, we can save a lot, in one way or another.

The 2-day camps are the least students, the most help we can offer, its a very nice format, we (and the students) like it a lot. The difference in speed is handled with the passing rule, which is pretty simple: rider in front has the right of way, overtaking rider no closer than 6-8 feet. Firm on that, doesn't matter who. One of our recent Vegas schools we had a returning rider (hadn't ridden in 15 years while having children), and she was on the track with a current 250 GP racer. Both had a great 2 days.

C

Here's a 100% biased opinion :)

We've had students with very little experience come to the school and it worked fine. Why get some years of bad habits that have to be worked out? We've had others that we have turned away, too little experience. Here is our yardstick: if they have attention on the control actions of the bike, like shifting, braking, letting the clutch out then they should get more experience. In many cases, if we can get them BEFORE they start their track riding, we can save a lot, in one way or another.

The 2-day camps are the least students, the most help we can offer, its a very nice format, we (and the students) like it a lot. The difference in speed is handled with the passing rule, which is pretty simple: rider in front has the right of way, overtaking rider no closer than 6-8 feet. Firm on that, doesn't matter who. One of our recent Vegas schools we had a returning rider (hadn't ridden in 15 years while having children), and she was on the track with a current 250 GP racer. Both had a great 2 days.

C

Based on personal experience, I would highly recommend taking a CSS class before any significant track time. All of my previous times on a track before taking level 1 I was w/ friends and they're friends who helped w/ technique and lines, as well as just learning things myself. I didn't have a ton of track time so things I was doing wrong haven't been hard to correct or atleast work on.

What I found after taking level 1 was that since I had a good base to start w/, it was much harder to notice some of the changes that the school made in my riding. This was from being told what to do w/ little to no knowledge or learning of why. I just did it because I saw someone doing it or because thats what they told me to do. I really had to work hard at retaining the info covered in the school because some changes were small and didn't stick out in my mind.

I still learned alot of information and made improment in my riding, and I definitely would tell anyone that wants to start doing track days to take the CSS school first! I wish that I had!

Derek put it best. I will be able to work on changing my style to what I've been taught, but I'll be changing instead of learning. And after two days, it will be a lot more info because of what I know (most of which is wrong, arguable, or incomplete), and what I need to change (which will be a lot). I will recommend to anyone asking when to take the course to probably take it as soon as they are comfortable doing basic trackdays.

Derek put it best. I will be able to work on changing my style to what I've been taught, but I'll be changing instead of learning. And after two days, it will be a lot more info because of what I know (most of which is wrong, arguable, or incomplete), and what I need to change (which will be a lot). I will recommend to anyone asking when to take the course to probably take it as soon as they are comfortable doing basic trackdays.

One thing to add on this: a point that riders need to know, is what they are doing RIGHT. This could be as important (or more?) as what they are doing wrong.

One thing to add on this: a point that riders need to know, is what they are doing RIGHT. This could be as important (or more?) as what they are doing wrong.

The more I know, the more questions I have. What I'm doing right vs. what I'm doing wrong is becoming a blur. After a while I'm not so sure of either. I've been doing track for a year now, and am learning from here and a couple other places, but not very fast, and most of it is from this guy and that guy says something else, and this guy has some input also. There is a new woman who is on her 3rd trackday and had some of the racers coaching her from day one, and even though I kept up with her, she clocked a 1:07, and I think I hit 1:07 ONCE. I'm dying to go to the school because I'm not really getting any better since I learned what BP to be in.