Another Newbie, Signed Up For March

Just checking in, I have been lurking this forum for a lil while. But I thought i would finally sign up since I scheduled my self for march 16th and 17th level 1&2 for infenion. So far I have been riding for about 3 years now. But only really got more serious about riding and conering skills this past one year. Recently I just did two track days, first one at thunderhill raceway with zoom zoom, and laguna with thetrackclub. And all I have to say is I am hooked, I was able to get some coaching these track days, as in learning lines, some BP, but that was about it. I had fun, but I want to learn more. I have heard a lot about the superbike school, alot of it good, and also some not so good stuff. But everyone has there own opinion. I am here to find out for my self first hand! and ready to learn! My next question is, I signed up to use your zx6r. But I am thinking of changing that to bringing my own bike. What is your take on you guys an coaches who have done this school before? I think I will be more comfortable on my bike, plus my bike is set up for gp shift and thats what I am used to now. Most likely the zx 6r will be regular shift. Another pro is I'll save some extra money for another level =) but I will probably end up spending money on a new set of tires.

If you are comfortable on your bike and how it's set up, then riding your bike might be the best choice. I have attended the School many times and when it was close enough for me to trailer my bike, I did; if not, I used theirs. The School's Zx-6R's are amazing and are obviously set up with fresh tires so you cannot go wrong on their bike either.

I finished the season at Infineon with them in November on their bike. I was reminded of how much "work" is involved when you ride your own bike and putting aside the time and energy to load and haul the bike, pack up your tools, gas cans, wheel stands and all the rest, you also lose time at school. Whether it is the time you lose for refueling or tinkering with a lever or a setting or what ever, I didn't have to do any of that. As a result, I had more time to rest, to talk with the Coaches and staff not to mention other riders and to me that added real value. If you want to focus purely on maximizing the learning opportunity, I would throw that thought into your decision matrix next to the financial cost.

Kevin

The money is not a problem, but saving some is always good! Either way that extra 250 to rent there bike is probably worth it. If I bring my own bike, I would need a two day rental trailer, plus my own gas, some fresh tires possibly, some extra wear an tear on my bike i may need to deal with and all that could add to $200 and more. Plus time and energy, and that lil extra worry of making sure I got every thing the night before. I definitly want to spend more time learning as much as I can. Looks like I will rent theres as planned.

If you are comfortable on your bike and how it's set up, then riding your bike might be the best choice. I have attended the School many times and when it was close enough for me to trailer my bike, I did; if not, I used theirs. The School's Zx-6R's are amazing and are obviously set up with fresh tires so you cannot go wrong on their bike either.

I finished the season at Infineon with them in November on their bike. I was reminded of how much "work" is involved when you ride your own bike and putting aside the time and energy to load and haul the bike, pack up your tools, gas cans, wheel stands and all the rest, you also lose time at school. Whether it is the time you lose for refueling or tinkering with a lever or a setting or what ever, I didn't have to do any of that. As a result, I had more time to rest, to talk with the Coaches and staff not to mention other riders and to me that added real value. If you want to focus purely on maximizing the learning opportunity, I would throw that thought into your decision matrix next to the financial cost.

Kevin

welcome to the forum

I was reminded of how much "work" is involved when you ride your own bike and putting aside the time and energy to load and haul the bike, pack up your tools, gas cans, wheel stands and all the rest, you also lose time at school. Whether it is the time you lose for refueling or tinkering with a lever or a setting or what ever, I didn't have to do any of that. As a result, I had more time to rest, to talk with the Coaches and staff not to mention other riders and to me that added real value. If you want to focus purely on maximizing the learning opportunity, I would throw that thought into your decision matrix next to the financial cost.

Kevin

I had more time to rest, to talk with the Coaches and staff not to mention other riders and to me that added real value.
Best part of the post Kevin!