Suspension Setup

Is there somebody that can help me setup my suspension just based on info. A starting point if you will.My bike is a cbr600rr 2005 model. STOCK everything. I am 5'11" 185 lbs Just curious of the response I will get. Honestly I feel very good riding as it is. I bought it used so it could be different but I am assuming it is stock settings now. whatever that is.I do like to use the front brakes and the front does come forward pretty hard but recovers and turns quite nicely I suppose. I haven't wrecked or even felt like I might. I do intend to change the fork oil ASAP because it is four years old. That is simply all I can afford for my addiction for now. Maybe a little less willingness to slam forward when I brake hard would be nice. I just installed braided lines and will surely have another dive forward moment again I am sure. How do I go about doing all of this also if it is not to much to ask? I suppose learn how to control the throttle better will be in order... Smoother. I am not in the box brand new to this but I am new nonetheless...Thanky

Is there somebody that can help me setup my suspension just based on info. A starting point if you will.My bike is a cbr600rr 2005 model. STOCK everything. I am 5'11" 185 lbs Just curious of the response I will get. Honestly I feel very good riding as it is. I bought it used so it could be different but I am assuming it is stock settings now. whatever that is.I do like to use the front brakes and the front does come forward pretty hard but recovers and turns quite nicely I suppose. I haven't wrecked or even felt like I might. I do intend to change the fork oil ASAP because it is four years old. That is simply all I can afford for my addiction for now. Maybe a little less willingness to slam forward when I brake hard would be nice. I just installed braided lines and will surely have another dive forward moment again I am sure. How do I go about doing all of this also if it is not to much to ask? I suppose learn how to control the throttle better will be in order... Smoother. I am not in the box brand new to this but I am new nonetheless...Thanky

Setting your static spring sag is what you would do as the first step. We had a video on this, but not sure if we sell it any more (I'll find out).

For sure you can google this and get some written articles on it. Springs do fatigue, the front can get too worn out, and need to be replaced to get the sag into the correct range, but you'll have to measure it up.

Guys--Keith had posted our sag video on You Tube, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBlqVx4mWUw...t=1&index=4

This will give you a rundown of how to do it, the key parts.

Guys--Keith had posted our sag video on You Tube, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBlqVx4mWUw...t=1&index=4

This will give you a rundown of how to do it, the key parts.

It's on this site too: http://www.superbikeschool.com/multi-media...nery-videos.php

duh...

I have the same bike as you, all the standard settings can be found at page 30 in the owners manual, if you dont have the manual let me know and I will give them to you after new year.

I have the same bike as you, all the standard settings can be found at page 30 in the owners manual, if you dont have the manual let me know and I will give them to you after new year.

Well thanks for the info. I will check the sites you have recommended. Speaking with someone today I learned a little about how I can reduce my getting thrown up front when I brake hard. It was mentioned that I could squeeze the tank with my thighs and relax my arms as much as possible. There is about a little over and inch of room left to go before the forks bottom out on me. I guess this is good? He also recommended reading Twist of The Wrist. Gave me a little tidbit about the dollars worth of grip. I look forward to reading it. The bike has only 5000 miles on it so I don't know if that would induce spring fatigue like was mentioned earlier. I am changing the oil for times sake. I do not have the manual so I will be looking for that. I may or may not find it. Thanks for your offer. That would be nice. I need to learn how to reply to individual quotes one at a time. Thanks all. Terrific site!

Well thanks for the info. I will check the sites you have recommended. Speaking with someone today I learned a little about how I can reduce my getting thrown up front when I brake hard. It was mentioned that I could squeeze the tank with my thighs and relax my arms as much as possible. There is about a little over and inch of room left to go before the forks bottom out on me. I guess this is good? He also recommended reading Twist of The Wrist. Gave me a little tidbit about the dollars worth of grip. I look forward to reading it. The bike has only 5000 miles on it so I don't know if that would induce spring fatigue like was mentioned earlier. I am changing the oil for times sake. I do not have the manual so I will be looking for that. I may or may not find it. Thanks for your offer. That would be nice. I need to learn how to reply to individual quotes one at a time. Thanks all. Terrific site!