New From The Deep Deep South....chile

Started a topic in the student quiestion part and i just realized that i did not introduce myself properly...shame on me! Well, my name is Francisco, i´'m from Chile, 35 years old, lawyer (i know...thats not a thing to be proud of...but anyway...), mi current ride is a 2008 Triumph Daytona 675, with a TOR Exhaust and map, sliders and pazzo levers. I love this bike, the torque on the low-mid range is awsome, great for the track. Before that bike i had a 2006 R6...a mean machine..very exiciting bike, but with the cirtiques that you probably know...between those two, my choice is -by far- the 675. I tried to posty a pic of me and the 675 but -again- the toolbar did not work for me! See you arround on this great forum....and hopefully on a 2day school in VEGAS in Oct/nov 2009!

Hi Delirio, I too have had problems with the toolbar, you can use the BB code though, just click the BB code help button in the lower right corner. By the way you'll love Vegas and I'll have some good hotel info for you, we are trying out a very reasonable hotel/resort in March, just off the strip and 20 minutes from the track.

Thsoe 675's look like really nice bikes. I took a spin up and down a street on one, but not really ridden one, certainly not on the track. What made you get that over one of the Jap 4's?

C

Thsoe 675's look like really nice bikes. I took a spin up and down a street on one, but not really ridden one, certainly not on the track. What made you get that over one of the Jap 4's?

C

Good question Cobie!

It was a mix of things: First, i had a very good offer for my former bike (2006 R6), it was the moment to let her go, because in the Chilean market is not very easy to sell this kind of bikes (also it allready got more than 10.000 km). Second, Triumph just opened a shop here in Chile, so they started with a special price on all the bike, so the daytona was very cheap in comparison to the japs 4's. Third, i tryed the 675 before I bought it, and it blows mi mind...strong, good low and mid range torque, great breaks, and it was a lot "slimer" than the `jap 4's, cos its 3's, which suited very good on me. And fourth, there are houndreds of japs arround here, but few Daytonas, so the "cool" factor also kick in!

I`m very pleased with the change, the bike is great, specially for the track, im riding almost the same laptimes than my budies in R1, GSXR 1000 and 750, ZX-1000R, and in some cases even faster.

Good answer and makes sense on all points. I'm interested to hear how they hold up in their reliability, if you think of it , let us know how that goes.

C

Since i bought the bike (NOV. 2008) i did not have any problems, and the service in the Triumph shop work very well. For example, i change the original slip-on to a TOR one (triumph off road), and i ask for the remaping, which they do it right away, and with no cost for me.

I think i'll have to wait to see if there are reliabilities issues regarding this bike. However, it is always said that english and italians bikes are not as reliable as japs ones. Will see what happends on this particular case!

Since i bought the bike (NOV. 2008) i did not have any problems, and the service in the Triumph shop work very well. For example, i change the original slip-on to a TOR one (triumph off road), and i ask for the remaping, which they do it right away, and with no cost for me.

I think i'll have to wait to see if there are reliabilities issues regarding this bike. However, it is always said that english and italians bikes are not as reliable as japs ones. Will see what happends on this particular case!

That's great they did the re-mapping then and there. We'll be interested to hear how it goes1

C

haven't tried it in the track yet, however, for now it feels that the "power curve" (i don't know if it is the correct expression in english), is more consistent in all ranges. Also, maybe it gains 2 or 3 hp, but for me the firts thing is more important. Last, the noise it makes is awsome, and here in chile we do not have noise regulations, so there is no problem at all if i ride in the street

A few years back they the 600 Triumph was definitely down on powere (was that the TT?), and the guys in Oz weren't that impressed with it. I'd heard good things about the 675, but hadn't really talked with any owners. Love it if someone made a nice 600 (besides just the Japanese ones), get a little variety in there.

C