Older Bike Question

I have not taken any of the courses yet (kinda broke) but I am looking forward to getting the money put together, in hopes of improving my all around knowledge of riding, and respect for my bike. My questions is, I have a 92 ninja, and it doesn't have alot of the newer techology that is built into todays bikes. Can i expect the skills that i would aquire to be effective on said old bike, or would there have to be a large amount of adjustment to the technique to make it work the same. And if so, would it be better to take the course using my own ride? I know this may seem like a silly question, but I want to be sure that when i take the course i get the most out of it and can apply it to my specific machine, because there is no way I'm ever getting rid of this bike it's my first and until i can't get parts for it anymore it will be my only. Thanks for the help!

post-15275-1233325370_thumb.jpg

Can i expect the skills that i would aquire to be effective on said old bike, or would there have to be a large amount of adjustment to the technique to make it work the same. And if so, would it be better to take the course using my own ride?

JustJeremey;

Have attended a bunch of Schools on my bike and a bunch on the Schools' you will be fine either way. The advantage of your bike is that it is familiar; you know both the braking capability and the acceleration rate not to mention how quickly it can be turned etc., etc.

The advantage of their bike is that they are so properly set up that they are a dream to ride on the track. Also, when you ride their bike you don't have to worry about tire wear, refueling or tinkering with it in any way.

Keith Code started the Superbike School fourteen years before the '92 Ninja was available so you should be comfortable that riding a '92 will not be an impediment to your learning.

Good luck with it when you attend and by all means let us know how it went.

Kevin

Hi Jeremy,

It's not going to matter (from the training standpoint) which bike you use. Sometimes its just simpler to come and ride ours for the first time, you won't have to worry about anything else (transpo, fuel, mechanical, tires, etc.).

The basics that we train will apply to any bike, and I personally owned a 90 ZX-6, we had them at the school.

Whatever will get you to the school soonest!

Best,

Cobie

ps--welcome to the forum!

Hi Jeremy,

It's not going to matter (from the training standpoint) which bike you use. Sometimes its just simpler to come and ride ours for the first time, you won't have to worry about anything else (transpo, fuel, mechanical, tires, etc.).

The basics that we train will apply to any bike, and I personally owned a 90 ZX-6, we had them at the school.

Whatever will get you to the school soonest!

Best,

Cobie

ps--welcome to the forum!

Please send check payable to justjeremy's superbike training fund, all donationas are tax deductable, and come with an autographed picture..... j/k thats good news interms of me being able to use the techniques on most any bike, that will make it worth is wait in race fuel lol. I've trying to get enough money together to do the 2 day camp and be able to take my 3 brothers and my father along for the training so can you say big bill to fill???? If anything I have to take my father because he thinks that i want to do the school just so i can race, he doesn't understand that the training makes you an all around better rider. Think he could hang on a cruzer???? j/k but that would be funny to see out in laguna seca

Please send check payable to justjeremy's superbike training fund, all donationas are tax deductable, and come with an autographed picture..... j/k thats good news interms of me being able to use the techniques on most any bike, that will make it worth is wait in race fuel lol. I've trying to get enough money together to do the 2 day camp and be able to take my 3 brothers and my father along for the training so can you say big bill to fill???? If anything I have to take my father because he thinks that i want to do the school just so i can race, he doesn't understand that the training makes you an all around better rider. Think he could hang on a cruzer???? j/k but that would be funny to see out in laguna seca

Well, we've had them all (cruisers, choppers, Gold Wings, etc.).

2-day camps are great, but you can also do single day schools if that's more realistic budget wise.

C