So This Is What Cornering Is All About....

Hi, I am Cornish (literally) and I was direct to CSS when seeing the stand at the NEC in UK this year. Being a Management Coach and Trainer I was impressed with the approach on theory, practice, evaluation and feedback by the "coach" I spoke with and hence am contemplating a CSS session this year.

I learnt to ride in Oct 08' through rain and wind and loved every minute of it like all of us who come late to biking. Unfortunately whilst learning I managed to come off the bike at speed on a right hand bend, which didn't result in any injury to me (apart from pride) and yet has left me with a mental block and issue with RH bends now. This is of course a concern to me and one that needs addressing. I have spent a few years in cars on Circuits around the UK and some in Europe so understand and practice (well bar the off) the principals of cornering on a daily basis, however the RH bends are still proving a problem at pace. Hence me being here.

I ride a Triumph 675 and love the handling, responsiveness and poise of the bike on the roads and am off on my 1st bike track day in May.

Right that is enough for now, looking forward to researching the forum and hopefully meeting some of you at the CSS at a UK venue this year.

Hi, I am Cornish (literally) and I was direct to CSS when seeing the stand at the NEC in UK this year. Being a Management Coach and Trainer I was impressed with the approach on theory, practice, evaluation and feedback by the "coach" I spoke with and hence am contemplating a CSS session this year.

I learnt to ride in Oct 08' through rain and wind and loved every minute of it like all of us who come late to biking. Unfortunately whilst learning I managed to come off the bike at speed on a right hand bend, which didn't result in any injury to me (apart from pride) and yet has left me with a mental block and issue with RH bends now. This is of course a concern to me and one that needs addressing. I have spent a few years in cars on Circuits around the UK and some in Europe so understand and practice (well bar the off) the principals of cornering on a daily basis, however the RH bends are still proving a problem at pace. Hence me being here.

I ride a Triumph 675 and love the handling, responsiveness and poise of the bike on the roads and am off on my 1st bike track day in May.

Right that is enough for now, looking forward to researching the forum and hopefully meeting some of you at the CSS at a UK venue this year.

Hi welcome to forum!

Check out the articles in Keiths corner on this forum, there is some info you will be interested in, and you will find that almost everyone has a bad side to deal with!

If you have browsed the posts on here you will know that both the twist of the wrist books are an invaluable source of information and probably create the most discussions on here, so they are a must have for anyone wanting to improve their cornering technique!

Hi Cornish, and welcome,

This is actually not uncommon for riders to prefer one side over the other, we hear about it (and see it) at just about every school.

There is a very good chance that level 1 will make a real dent in this issue, if not completely resolve it. A vigorously done Steering Drill, by a qualified coach could change your life. Another tool that is used for this is the Lean Bike, used at Level 2.

When you go to the school, let them know of this issue (I'm assuing one of the UK schools, but if here, come and let me know :)).

As a follow up, it would be nice to hear if/how you get it resolved, and let us know.

That 675 is really a nice bike, and what a sound!

Best,

Cobie