New Guy From Socal

Hey Folks,

Well after 2 lowsides in my last 4 trackdays I finally decided it was about time I get some instruction. I was getting along at a good enough pace (usually mid/slower end of the Race group) but felt like I was hitting a wall and not really understanding how to improve on my riding. Still can't explain what happened with my lowsides other than "I lost the front".

Was previously on a ZX6R for 2 years and loved that bike. Such a great balance of handling and power. It was stolen recently so now I'm on another track bike and starting the learning process all over again. I'm on an 04R1 now and while I'm a bit over my head I am still having fun. Brake markers come up A WHOLE LOT FASTER NOW! :blink: I've taken the new bike out for 2 trackdays so far. Surprisingly, my lap times haven't suffered as much as I thought they would. I'm within a second of where I was pre-crashes on the 636 and on a totally foreign bike. The velocity and engine braking are difficult to get used to.

So before I develop any MORE bad habits, I decided to invest in myself and take Level 1. I've cornerworked for the school since 06 and have seen first hand how it has helped riders realize their potential. Dunno why I waited so long but I'm anxiously awaiting my first day of class.

Thanks for reading,

Ron.

Ron;

Welcome to the Forum. I see from your exchange with JB that you'll be riding at the Streets so you both have to let us know how it goes for each of you.

As a fellow Corner Worker (Northeast tracks) for the past four seasons (and as a multitime student) I am no longer impressed by the improvements students make during the course of 1 day because they ALL improve at every event I've worked; most do so dramitically. The more Schools I work at the more I am convinced that the Superbike School is simply the best place to learn how to corner a motorcycle at speed.

Good luck and don't forget to let us know how it goes.

Kevin

Hi Ron,

OK, you'll get the view from the "other side" of the school.

Come say hello that mornng!

Best,

Cobie

Ron;

Welcome to the Forum. I see from your exchange with JB that you'll be riding at the Streets so you both have to let us know how it goes for each of you.

As a fellow Corner Worker (Northeast tracks) for the past four seasons (and as a multitime student) I am no longer impressed by the improvements students make during the course of 1 day because they ALL improve at every event I've worked; most do so dramitically. The more Schools I work at the more I am convinced that the Superbike School is simply the best place to learn how to corner a motorcycle at speed.

Good luck and don't forget to let us know how it goes.

Kevin

Hey Kevin. I'm on the Right Coast too. Standby for PM.