Highside At Njmp

Bpez

This guy highsided this past Sat on a wet track with rain tires. Just wanted to throw it out here so we can learn from his mistake. In my opinion, he chopped the throttle when the rear let loose which I think is the reaction most would have. What do you guys think?

First, he looked OK. Didn't seem too high speed, but I'll bet he's sore right about now. I don't think he really chopped the throttle, but when the rear tire came loose, it sounded like he cranked it because there wasn't any resistance from that pesky traction to keep the tire from spinning freely. Sounds like regrip was pretty quick. I'd bet that it was toward the end of the day. He looked like he was really comfortable riding in the wet.

There were previous parts of the video where his Throttle Control wasn't great either--he would grab a bit. He grabbed it, then chopped it, which is how he got pitched over the bars. Riding in the rain is a real test of that skill.