Rate Suomy

How would you guys rate suomy? They are expensive. I am considering buying a vandal and they are around $400. Claims to be the lightest at 1250 grams and have sound absorbing polymers. My main questions are for anyone that has a suomy how do they do with wind noise? Somewhat quieter? Def quieter? Anyones ever whistle? And how do they fit? I mean eveyone got a different size/shape head/face but overall some helments fit nice and snug for most and some are loose. I read you can change out the cheek pads to customize your fit even better. So worth it?

How would you guys rate suomy? They are expensive. I am considering buying a vandal and they are around $400. Claims to be the lightest at 1250 grams and have sound absorbing polymers. My main questions are for anyone that has a suomy how do they do with wind noise? Somewhat quieter? Def quieter? Anyones ever whistle? And how do they fit? I mean eveyone got a different size/shape head/face but overall some helments fit nice and snug for most and some are loose. I read you can change out the cheek pads to customize your fit even better. So worth it?

F4;

I started with an inexpensive helmet but once I bought a sportsbike I wanted one that was more substantial. I bought an AGV but it didn't fit my head even though it was sized correctly. It was too tight on my forehead so I switched to Suomy - it fit like a glove. I have since crashed multiple times with Suomy and hit hard on both sides of the first one and will not try another brand now. That first one sits up high on a shelf in my work room as a reminder of their quality. I am on my 4th Suomy right now.

I think it is pretty quiet and ventilates well.

Kevin

Suomy makes a great helmet. I have no experience w/ the Vandal, only the Gunwind, Spec 1R and Spec 1R Extreme. Both Spec 1R's vent a lot and as a result there is A LOT of wind noise. I wouldn't even ride down the street without ear plugs on. Sizing on the Extreme is about a half size smaller than comparable brands. Try on before you buy.

Not sure, but I believe their US branch is no longer in business so customer service may take longer to get a response from.

I'll get interested to hear if they are around or not.

One thing I did recently was put some padding in the top of my KBC--I know have the best fitting helmet I've ever had! Took 3 layers of foam to do it, but great. Also got the helmet up on my head, so better for me visually (can see better).

CF

How do you find out which stores stock suomy helmets? I went to suomy's offical website and didnt see anything there. If someone knows please post a link, thanks

I saw an ad in a magazine, don't recall which one, maybe MOTORCYCLIST, I'll have a look again.

One thing I did recently was put some padding in the top of my KBC--I know have the best fitting helmet I've ever had! Took 3 layers of foam to do it, but great. Also got the helmet up on my head, so better for me visually (can see better).

CF

Which type of foam did you use? Density? I'd been thinking of using some kind of foam tape so I can be sure to not block any vents in my Scorpion EXO-700.

CF

Which type of foam did you use? Density? I'd been thinking of using some kind of foam tape so I can be sure to not block any vents in my Scorpion EXO-700.

I don't know the different kinds of foam, and didn't have to go and buy this. It was in the shop, up in the storage area and I saw it, grabbed it and started cutting strips for my helmet--so as not to block the vent holes.

I'll find out and get back to you guys on this, it worked great.

C