Getting Through Corners Quicker.

Hi from Australia

Doing level 1 CSBS at Philip Island this Friday coming. I can't wait, as i want to learn so much. Eg. how to enter & exit corners quicker. I know the bike can handle it i just can't seem to make it happen. I feel like I have it leaned over but know from photos it can go further down but I don't know how to go to that next level in my riding. I've done 5 track days in the last 18 months & have improved a fair bit in my riding, however i just can't seem to improve on my cornering skills.

HELP PLEASE.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Hi from Australia

Doing level 1 CSBS at Philip Island this Friday coming. I can't wait, as i want to learn so much. Eg. how to enter & exit corners quicker. I know the bike can handle it i just can't seem to make it happen. I feel like I have it leaned over but know from photos it can go further down but I don't know how to go to that next level in my riding. I've done 5 track days in the last 18 months & have improved a fair bit in my riding, however i just can't seem to improve on my cornering skills.

HELP PLEASE.

Hi RC,

First off, welcome to the forum! :rolleyes:

You have the big questions there, how to go in and out of the corners faster, and lean the bike over further. Level 1 will a great place to start. To prep for that (and in the meantime) do you have any of the Twist books, either Vol 1 or 2? Minimally it will prep you for the school, and you should also start to get an idea of the areas you are strong, and the areas that still need work.

In particular, is there anything you would like to ask/address here?

Best,

Cobie

I have looked through a mates copies of them & i have watched the dvd version but i no longer own it, not sure what happened to them.

I just want to why i think i can't go in harder when a large part of me knows the bike can cope with it all. I would like to get the bike leant over more (I'm off the seat & have my head in the right place) but i've been told i need to go faster around the corners for the bike to drop further.

Cheers,

John

Hi from Australia

HELP PLEASE.

Hi RC,

First off, welcome to the forum! :rolleyes:

You have the big questions there, how to go in and out of the corners faster, and lean the bike over further. Level 1 will a great place to start. To prep for that (and in the meantime) do you have any of the Twist books, either Vol 1 or 2? Minimally it will prep you for the school, and you should also start to get an idea of the areas you are strong, and the areas that still need work.

In particular, is there anything you would like to ask/address here?

Best,

Cobie

Welcome to the forum!

I recomend that you get the twist books, a quick read through them isn't enough. your level 1 will sort out your corner speed issues, just follow the drills! The problem is that once you get past a riding barrier, another one challenges you and it becomes a never ending learning process.

RC,

As Ace mentioned, the books are great, and something one can look at and do right away and constantly refer to. I've lost count of the times we've been told, "I just leant it to a mate...never saw it again."

A few points on the books: Twist 2 is not a re-hash of Twist 1. They are qutie different. The DVD is based on the first book, Twist 1. Twist 2 DVD is in progess, not yet completed. Keith has been hammer and tongs working on it, it's going to be awesome, really, maybe this summer?

Best,

C

I will get them at the school if i can.

I learn best by demonstration so maybe i would take in more if i bought the dvd again. Is there anything in the book that isn't covered in the dvd? Thanks for the info on the difference in the two books.

Can you recommend any other tools to use while not at the track?

Cheers,

John

RC,

As Ace mentioned, the books are great, and something one can look at and do right away and constantly refer to. I've lost count of the times we've been told, "I just leant it to a mate...never saw it again."

A few points on the books: Twist 2 is not a re-hash of Twist 1. They are qutie different. The DVD is based on the first book, Twist 1. Twist 2 DVD is in progess, not yet completed. Keith has been hammer and tongs working on it, it's going to be awesome, really, maybe this summer?

Best,

C

I will get them at the school if i can.

I learn best by demonstration so maybe i would take in more if i bought the dvd again. Is there anything in the book that isn't covered in the dvd? Thanks for the info on the difference in the two books.

Can you recommend any other tools to use while not at the track?

Cheers,

John

RC,

Best,

C

Yeh it's 40 mins from where i live, very cool.

There is an amazing fish and chips place down there, don't recall the name. The flies were amazing too.