Level 1 Drills Question

Hi all, I did my CSS L1 at Brands Hatch last June, fantastic. Back on track tomorrow and I've forgotten the drills, and no printed literature was distributed during the class sessions. I did scribble some notes down on the back of a handout but ...who knows where they are now.

I recall about 5 drills, with a later one being called the 2 step. Can't remember much more other than following:

Corner entry speed

one throttle input per turn (unless its double apex/decreasing rad)

Body position (I think this was a precursor to Level 2)

Reference points

counter steering car park drill (nearly dropped it :huh: )

I have TOTW2 which I've read a number of times but always rewards with a re read.

Any expansion on the drills from the riding jedis will be much appreciated

Hi all, I did my CSS L1 at Brands Hatch last June, fantastic. Back on track tomorrow and I've forgotten the drills, and no printed literature was distributed during the class sessions. I did scribble some notes down on the back of a handout but ...who knows where they are now.

I recall about 5 drills, with a later one being called the 2 step. Can't remember much more other than following:

Corner entry speed

one throttle input per turn (unless its double apex/decreasing rad)

Body position (I think this was a precursor to Level 2)

Reference points

counter steering car park drill (nearly dropped it :huh: )

I have TOTW2 which I've read a number of times but always rewards with a re read.

Any expansion on the drills from the riding jedis will be much appreciated

I'll let Andy know, he should have a drill booklet that you can get that has the drills, and references listed on where you can get more data, for all the drills in level 1 (and the other levels as you do them of course).

The main drills are: throttle control, turn points, quick steering, rider input, and 2-step.

Quite a bit in each of these breifings, and of course the steerging drill done off-track.

Hi,

Please give Lynn a call in the office 08700 671 061 and she will send out another booket for you.

All the best

Andy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to say thanks to the UK office, I gave them a call and the booklet arrived the next day. Maybe their postman has done his Level 5!!

dude - the first lesson - the rider's primary job is to stabilise the motorcycle with throttle control - i have been reciting this in my sleep (don't laugh, it's true) and to anyone that will (read 'has to') listen.

then there was some other stuff (about turning points [i got it sort of by the end of the day] and quick turns [that was a hard one to get and still working on it]) then there was the relax (crazy chicken rule - funny but seriously true) - be alert and on the ball, but relax and enjoy, work together with your bike - the bike can't go anywhere without you and you can't have fun without your bike - you have to become one.

then finally the two step turning rule -that one made allllllll the difference - if you can get this then it will come together, albeit eventually, but it will. I finally made it through turn 9 without going (too) wide!!!!!

and remember, it is a process not an instantaneous revelation. it will happen - have faith in yourself and in your bike and respect the limitation of both.

enjoy :P:lol::rolleyes: