Blipping The Throttle While Downshifting

1- Change the lever's position.

2- Or you can fiddle with the leverage ratio.

I think it's possible to once in awhile screw it up. Don't sweat the small stuff, ya know.

My dad taught me this when I was 9, I still get it wrong sometimes. By your statement, you get it right most of the time so you know you need to let the brake fingers slide over the brake lever when you blip. Practice doing that with the bike off just sitting in your garage. Practice it at different levels of pressure on the brake.

Another point to look at would be are you using your index and middle fingers to brake with? If not, switching to those two fingers may help fix it.

I mess up all the time. I've pretty much given up on it until I work on some other things. I just let the clutch out a little, and the engine spins, then I downshift again real quick. I know I've got to work on it, and am going to after my next trackday. It always feels smooth on my bike, but I'm going to learn on my wifes. If I don't do it just right, everything goes to pot.

just to update you guys.... i made a breakthrough a last weekend.. i no longer blip the throttle. i just downshift using my clutch lever. no slipper clutch either... after reading about jason pridmores downshifting style... i tried it and it worked.. i am now goin faster and smoother into corners.. simply amazing.. also, i found that you can downshift while still partly leaned over going into corners... as long as its done smoothly, the bike doesnt get affected at all. im now able to carry consistent rpms through corner entry and do not loose momentum anymore due to a fugged up blip downshift.

here are some photos from monday...

535153129_Rmgxz-L.jpg

535153126_pxZLX-XL.jpg

535153988_JLGcU-L.jpg

i just downshift using my clutch lever. no slipper clutch either... after reading about jason pridmores downshifting style...

Can you explain it? I have a slipper clutch, but would still like to hear how he does it. Great pics by the way.

basically you slip the clutch your self so that the bike wouldnt skip. rev matching is what it is. search on youtube, youll find a video of his left hand showing what he does on downshift.

its similar to trail braking except youre doing it on the clutch side. doing that, it frees up my right hand to focus on trail braking only.

it helped me because before, i would wait until the bike is upright before i downshifted but now, i can do it even leaned over half way.