My Frist Trackday - How Does My Form Look?

vio

Here's some pictures from my trackday at Jennings GP on 6/8/09. It was my first track day and it was a ball!

I know that i need to get my inside foot tucked in more, I didn't realize i stuck it out so bad until i saw the pictures. I was scraping it a lot more than i thought I should be and now i know why :)

Looking forward to seeing what advise you guys could give me regarding my body positioning.

dsc8925large.th.jpg

dsc8968large.th.jpg

dsc8992large.th.jpg

dsc9091large.th.jpg

dsc9106large.th.jpg

3largeo.th.jpg

4larges.th.jpg

7largef.th.jpg

dsc8907large.th.jpg

dsc9157large.th.jpg

Im sure its not a problem. Dude your form looks good to me man, did you get your knee down that day?

Im sure its not a problem. Dude your form looks good to me man, did you get your knee down that day?

My knee touched down pretty regularly throughout the day. I began to use it as my gauge as to whether or not i was doing the corner 'correctly'. I knew if i didn't touch my knee in some of the corners that I wasn't doing them as well as i had been consistently.

Scared me the first time my knee hit the ground! it didn't feel as smooth as I thought it would :)

Id imagine it scared you. Hopefully ill get there some day.

My knee touched down pretty regularly throughout the day. I began to use it as my gauge as to whether or not i was doing the corner 'correctly'. I knew if i didn't touch my knee in some of the corners that I wasn't doing them as well as i had been consistently.

Scared me the first time my knee hit the ground! it didn't feel as smooth as I thought it would :)

Id imagine it scared you. Hopefully ill get there some day.

You will. And it will just happen when it does. Then you'll probably yank your knee up like i did and think "what in the world was that!" Then you'll realize it was your knee and its supposed to be like that :)

You nailed it on the head with the inside foot. Your boot was probably open toe by the end of the day. Consistency also. You've got to try to keep your body down more. Your BP is otherwise very good. You won't see many riders at a trackday with BP like that.

You nailed it on the head with the inside foot. Your boot was probably open toe by the end of the day. Consistency also. You've got to try to keep your body down more. Your BP is otherwise very good. You won't see many riders at a trackday with BP like that.

Lol it wasn't open toe but it definitely could use a new toe slider! :)

Thanks for the feedback though, i really appreciate it.

Toe sliders, what a cool thing. With your knee touching down Vio, were you touching the ground gently, or a bit stiff with the inside leg?

CF

It actually was pretty gently each time. It just seemed to skim the pavement throughout the turns. Felt great! :)

Sounds good. Early on, I hit hard a few times, leg was a wee stiff.