New Member From Canberra

Hi All,

I'm from Canberra (Australia) and I've just joined this site today. It's great to see that it's quite active.

First time I'd ever heard of track days was two and half years ago. Bought a CBR600F4 from a mate. I'd never even sat on a sportsbike let alone ride one on a race track so I figured I'd better do a Superbike School to learn how to ride one.

Crashed in the second session from over-enthusiasm (nobody told me that these things go down!). Got a real roasting from my coach, who basically told me to tone it down and concentrate on learning.

Anyway, as has probably happened to everyone on this site, I have become totally and incurably addicted to motorbikes and track days.

Since that first outing, I've now done Levels Two and Three of the Superbike Schools as well as quite a few trackdays. I feel like I just can't get enough information about riding bikes. Really keen to learn, learn, learn. And that's my reason for joining this site. I'm hoping that, by sharing what we know, we'll help each other to become much better riders and enjoy even more what we're addicted to.

I did my Superbike Schools and my ride days at Eastern Creek (Sydney) and Phillip Island (love both tracks).

My ultimate holiday would be to do a ride-day tour of all the MotoGP tracks (Dream on!!!!)

Anyway, I'm really glad I found out about this site and I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all online.

Cheers,

Taras

Hi All,

I'm from Canberra (Australia) and I've just joined this site today. It's great to see that it's quite active.

First time I'd ever heard of track days was two and half years ago. Bought a CBR600F4 from a mate. I'd never even sat on a sportsbike let alone ride one on a race track so I figured I'd better do a Superbike School to learn how to ride one.

Crashed in the second session from over-enthusiasm (nobody told me that these things go down!). Got a real roasting from my coach, who basically told me to tone it down and concentrate on learning.

Anyway, as has probably happened to everyone on this site, I have become totally and incurably addicted to motorbikes and track days.

Since that first outing, I've now done Levels Two and Three of the Superbike Schools as well as quite a few trackdays. I feel like I just can't get enough information about riding bikes. Really keen to learn, learn, learn. And that's my reason for joining this site. I'm hoping that, by sharing what we know, we'll help each other to become much better riders and enjoy even more what we're addicted to.

I did my Superbike Schools and my ride days at Eastern Creek (Sydney) and Phillip Island (love both tracks).

My ultimate holiday would be to do a ride-day tour of all the MotoGP tracks (Dream on!!!!)

Anyway, I'm really glad I found out about this site and I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all online.

Cheers,

Taras

Hi Taras,

Welcome to the site my friend, your part of the family and we like students to share their knoweldge and learnings and experience with other students. You'll find there are lots of great contributors on the site with some excellent experience all happy to partake in helping everyone out.

we're all joined by a common love of motorbikes, improving our skills and sharing keith et al's fantastic work on making the complexity of riding a bike into smaller manageable chunks that mere mortals can understand.

Keep posting and sharing your thoughts, I'm sure you'll be engaged and you might even pick a few things up now and again along the way.

Bullet

Thanks for the welcome, Bullet. I'm sure that I'll very much enjoy being part of the 'family'. I'm already really caught up in reading heaps of the posts that have been put up. It's a very enjoyable site.

Cheers,

Taras

Thanks for the welcome, Bullet. I'm sure that I'll very much enjoy being part of the 'family'. I'm already really caught up in reading heaps of the posts that have been put up. It's a very enjoyable site.

Cheers,

Taras

Welcome Taras, glad you are posting, and not "lurking" :)

CF

Thanks Cobie and Trixie

Triixie, in answer to your question about what bike I ride, I ride a Suzuki GSX-R750 on the track. Absolutely love riding it. A real pleasure on the track. Off the track I have a Triumph Rocket III Classic. Use that for going with my wife on cruising holidays and weekends away. As my daily commute, I use a Honda VTR1000 Firestorm (known as the Superhawk in the US)

What about you?

Cheers,

Taras

Hey Taras,

welcome mate, sounds like you've got some nice bikes. Are you doing the track day at Eastern creek on the 11th July? If so might see you there.. I'll be on my TRX 850.

Hi Rod,

11 July at Eastern Creek is one that I had been contemplating earlier but I ended up doing one last Thurs (25 June) at Eastern Creek so I'm now planning to do Sunday 26 July.

Have a great time!

(Let me know when you're doing another one and we'll see if we can sync our dates)

Cheers,

Taras

Hey Taras,

Welcome mate. Great to see a familiar face up here!

Hope all is well. Will we be seeing you again sometime soon?

Hi Adam,

It's great to catch up with you online. Hope all is going well with you.

Certainly will be seeing me. I just did a ride day at Eastern Creek last Thurs. Weather was really good (a touch on the cool side - I joked that I should go back to Canberra where it's warm :lol: ).

I'll be back there on 26 July.

Also, I'll be down at Phillip Island over the warmer months.

Hope to catch up with you soon at the track.

All the best in the meantime.

Cheers,

Taras