Two Days At Barber

Yes, I am headed to Barber a little later in the day for two days of well deserved track time with my NESBA brothers and sisters. The weather maybe a little warm but I am expecting good things from my Dunlop tires and a hot track..I need to set a personal best this weekend! I will need a 1:40 or better to place in the Senior Superbike class at the WERA Nationals in September. GET R DONE!

Yes, I am headed to Barber a little later in the day for two days of well deserved track time with my NESBA brothers and sisters. The weather maybe a little warm but I am expecting good things from my Dunlop tires and a hot track..I need to set a personal best this weekend! I will need a 1:40 or better to place in the Senior Superbike class at the WERA Nationals in September. GET R DONE!

Good luck with it mate, make sure you keep it shiny side up though eh?

Let us know how you get on with experimenting with tyre pressures.

Bullet

Good luck with it mate, make sure you keep it shiny side up though eh?

Let us know how you get on with experimenting with tyre pressures.

Bullet

Thanks Man! I am going to stick with Dunlops. I know how they work and what tire pressures to use...If I go down on these there will be no crying.

Thanks Man! I am going to stick with Dunlops. I know how they work and what tire pressures to use...If I go down on these there will be no crying.

Are you on a 600 or 1000?

CF

I DID IT! The second session of the first day...1:40.93, 1:40.88, missed a lap 1:41.23, 1:40.77 then a 1:40.26. It was very hot, about 98 ambient. I had to take a couple of cold showers between sessions to cool down. I started slowing down a bit after lunch and couldn't break the 1:41 mark. I had a plan for Sunday to come out the first session and get loose, find a couple of 1:35-1:39 riders and hitch a tow. I was on my way when the rider in front of me through up a hand with mechanical problems and put me off the pace...I finished with a 1:40.22. I started making mistakes in the third session after lunch with a couple of missed shifts. The tires were starting to feel a little greasy with the heat of the track so I called it a weekend. There is just so many Bananas, potassium, gatorade and water one can drink and when you're done you're done. This was a goal so now on to the 1:39's at Barber.

Are you on a 600 or 1000?

CF

Cobie,

THe 600 is still in intensive care. I road the 1000 with the Dunlop slicks.

I DID IT! The second session of the first day...1:40.93, 1:40.88, missed a lap 1:41.23, 1:40.77 then a 1:40.26. It was very hot, about 98 ambient. I had to take a couple of cold showers between sessions to cool down. I started slowing down a bit after lunch and couldn't break the 1:41 mark. I had a plan for Sunday to come out the first session and get loose, find a couple of 1:35-1:39 riders and hitch a tow. I was on my way when the rider in front of me through up a hand with mechanical problems and put me off the pace...I finished with a 1:40.22. I started making mistakes in the third session after lunch with a couple of missed shifts. The tires were starting to feel a little greasy with the heat of the track so I called it a weekend. There is just so many Bananas, potassium, gatorade and water one can drink and when you're done you're done. This was a goal so now on to the 1:39's at Barber.

HURRAY! Nice job! OMG, 98 degrees. I'm so glad you're doing so well. Pretty impressive to come back off a crash and kick butt like that, awesome. Thanks for letting us know how it went!