Las Vegas Track?

I just finished the two day camp in Vegas (Nov 21/22) and was wondering what course was run that weekend? Looking at the new schedule for 2010 it looks like you have 1 date for Vegas on the Infield and the rest of the Vegas dates are run on the Classic course. What is the difference between the two?

P.S.Had a Blast by the way!! :lol: Special thanks to my coaches Joe...you rock! ...and Cobie...I'm still smillin :P

Thanks to the whole team,

BCNU

The infield you are already familiar with as that was what was used by the school this year. The classic course is the original Vegas course that you may have seen on the outside of the stadium. It is the course used by WERA for races, and some magazines for bike tests. It is a more natural road course versus the infield course. Classic has some faster corners, a bit of elevation, a bit rougher surface, but overall a fun track.

I just finished the two day camp in Vegas (Nov 21/22) and was wondering what course was run that weekend? Looking at the new schedule for 2010 it looks like you have 1 date for Vegas on the Infield and the rest of the Vegas dates are run on the Classic course. What is the difference between the two?

P.S.Had a Blast by the way!! :lol: Special thanks to my coaches Joe...you rock! ...and Cobie...I'm still smillin :P

Thanks to the whole team,

BCNU

Hi BC,

Sorry, just now getting up here, been out of town since the 23 (yes, I actually took a few days off, now I'm recovering from my vacation--ever have that happen?).

The infield, even though not real long, really is fun. But I am looking forward to the Classic couse, be able to let the S1000's breath a little bit :).

Glad the days went well, it was a nice way to wind down the year!

Best,

Cobie

So I have just signed up for the LVMS onMarch 20 & 21. This will be my first riding school ever. Can someone tell me if we will be doing the infield course or the classic course? maybe a sketch of the track that we'll be ridin' on? want to know the track, before gettin' there, and try to focus on riding, not learing the course.

Thanks!

So I have just signed up for the LVMS onMarch 20 & 21. This will be my first riding school ever. Can someone tell me if we will be doing the infield course or the classic course? maybe a sketch of the track that we'll be ridin' on? want to know the track, before gettin' there, and try to focus on riding, not learing the course.

Thanks!

Hi Caguilar,

We will be on the Classic Course, not the infield course. This can be viewed if you go to Google Earth I believe. To be 100% honest, looking at a map or other image hasn't really translated into learning a track for me, just have to get there and ride it. We'll for sure help you with that though, your coach will be able to spend a lot of time with you, he'll only have the 2 students in your group.

Great way to start your track riding, you might get spoiled though!

Best,

Cobie

• 1 month later...

Thanks!

Hey Caguilar, I am also signed up for the LVMS class in March along with a couple buddies of mine. We are really looking forward to it. I've been riding for about 20 years (all types of bikes) but haven't ridden much on a track. Sounds like this is a good one to learn on. see ya there.

Welcome aboard J-man! Tell us more about you and specific goals you have for the school.

Thanks for the welcome. We (my friends and I) are really looking forward to the class. My goal is to become more confident (and proficient) in my riding…Specifically in the corners! I haven't really done track riding and don't really have big desire to race, but I do ride the canyons around Colorado where we live and would like to increase my abilities. Just finished reading the first 2 books (ATOTW I & II) Loved the theory.. can't wait to try it out. Also just ordered the DVD. Haven’t really ridden all winter, just took a ride today, felt great to get out and try to apply some of what I read in the books…seems like a lot to think about.