Racing License?

Hi I was just wondering which courses I could take that would give me a race license? I heard that only code race would grant me one, and that by taking level 1-4 I wouldn't be entitled to one. Thanks.

To the best of my knowledge, taking Level 1-4 will NOT entitle you to a race license.

In order to get a race license in Denmark, you need to know the technical regulations regarding the bike, equipment and the flags. Being a fast or even consistent rider is not a prerequisite for getting the license ;)

I believe that the requirements are pretty close to that in most other countries as well.

Don't know where you live but in the US, the two main race series are WERA and CCS.

For WERA, the requirements are:

B. Successfully completing a WERA approved rider’s school. WERA recognizes the following motorcycle ROADRACING schools as the requirement for obtaining a Provisional Novice License: WERA New Riders’ School, Jason Pridmores STAR School, Fast Track Riders school, Ed Bargy’s Rider School, Kevin Schwantz Suzuki School, Corner Speed, Team Chicago School, F.A.S.T. (Canadian), CLASS, Team Hammer Advanced Riders’ School, Track Riders, MARRC, Freddie Spencer, Viking Race School, California Superbike (must take the classroom part of WERA’s school), RPM Track School, Ty Howards Racing School 35, Sportbike Track Time Pro School., Champion Sportbike Club, Wizard Racing School, & Penguin School.

For CCS:

2.2 CCS LICENSE REQUIREMENT - New applicants must provide proof of current

racing experience, or a certifcate indicating completion of an approved

Riders School or Licensing Clinic within the previous 12-month period.

A list of approved schools for CCS is here: http://ccsracing.us/schools.html. Oddly the California Superbike School is not on the list for CCS.

it's not a race school and So I don't think groups will licence you based on taking 1-4. Who are you wanting to race with? each group has their own list of certified schools. Some even have a school that operates during the race weekend so you can go get your licence and race the same weekend if you want.

I live in vancouver Canada, so I plan on racing in the wmrc (vancouver canada) and the wmrra. I don't like the racing school we have here, but if it seems like the smartest choice there is... then I guess I'll go there. I don't mind driving down to the states as long as I know the school is really good.

I live in vancouver Canada, so I plan on racing in the wmrc (vancouver canada) and the wmrra. I don't like the racing school we have here, but if it seems like the smartest choice there is... then I guess I'll go there. I don't mind driving down to the states as long as I know the school is really good.

Most racing organizations have accepted our school, though this has gone off and on over the years and in several places. I'll let Keith know that we aren't currently on the CCS list (we have been accpeted before) but I bet you could get them to accept it. Many "race schools" are so you learn the flags, how to exit and enter, maybe a few practice starts and generally know their procedures.

We give certificates at all our schools, you will have proof of having dong the school, and we keep a record if for some reason you don't have it.

Best,

Cobie

Most racing organizations have accepted our school, though this has gone off and on over the years and in several places. I'll let Keith know that we aren't currently on the CCS list (we have been accpeted before) but I bet you could get them to accept it. Many "race schools" are so you learn the flags, how to exit and enter, maybe a few practice starts and generally know their procedures.

We give certificates at all our schools, you will have proof of having dong the school, and we keep a record if for some reason you don't have it.

Best,

Cobie

Ok so would we get a race license for taking level 1? or does it have to be the code race course? I actually made a thread at wmrc and someone that has taken your lvl 1 - 4 didn't get a race license. Maybe you offer race licenses now?

Ok so would we get a race license for taking level 1? or does it have to be the code race course? I actually made a thread at wmrc and someone that has taken your lvl 1 - 4 didn't get a race license. Maybe you offer race licenses now?

Only the race organization issues race licenses. The best thing you can do to get a real answer to your question is to call the race organization and ask them. I wouldn't expect a problem regardless of what their website says or doesn't say. Most likely they'll want you to demonstrate your knowledge of their flag usage as that is different from the Superbike School.

Hi I was just wondering which courses I could take that would give me a race license? I heard that only code race would grant me one, and that by taking level 1-4 I wouldn't be entitled to one. Thanks.

Yam;

I received my license from CCS by the Loudon Road Racing Series in Loudon, NH (N.H.I.S.). My California Superbike School diplomas were accepted but the LRRS/CCS rule is to get their license, I needed to complete the three lap Rookie Race which is the first race of the weekend. The problem was that you are not allowed to practice without a license so the CSS diplomas were good enough to get on the grid on Saturday but without any practice. I concluded that it would make my first race weekend a bit overwhelming because I couldn't get ANY practice beforehand.

I decided to attend the Penguin School on the day before which gives you the classroom training on every flag and track protocol and two or three track sessions with their coaches. The track opens for "open practice" (all racers) in the middle of the afternoon and you are given a provisional license to ride these two open sessions. You also get to ride the two open practice sessions on Saturday morning so the bottom line is that you get a lot of opportunity to learn the track before you grid for the rookie race.

The Penguin basic course offered every race weekend at Loudon is not like a CSS event - but in fairness it isn't set up to do that on those weekends - it is intended to give you the background so you know what the many different flags mean or other track related issues are so that when/if you see them when you're racing you understand their meaning.

...at least that was my experience five years ago.

Rainman

Nice, they don't give you much help, do they.

I look at their rulebook and found this:

1.4 A WMRC Racing License will not be issued to a new competitor unless he has passed a WMRC accredited race

school in the past 24 months. See www.wmrc.ca for current accredited schools.

So I go look at the site for accredited schools - NONE are listed. Even their link for "Learn to Race" doesn't list approved schools - it does imply by association that WRSS is approved but it doesn't say so anywhere. It also gives bad information in saying that race schools give out licenses, the don't. Only the sanctioning organization gives out licenses; in this case WMRC.

Also, their membership application - this is HOW you get a license - states:

If you did NOT hold a WMRC license last year include proof of previous track experience such as a previous license, race school certificate, etc.

So here's how this works. You go to a school, CSS, WRSS, any school, complete it and you get a certificate. You fill out a Membership Application and give that to WMRC with a copy of your school certificate. WMRC determines if the school is good enough to grant you a license.

Generally forums are a bad place to get answers to race organization rules. There's a lot of answers that don't matter. Only one answer counts and it has to be the official that's in charge of enforcing the rule for it to mean anything. The BEST way to get that answer is to call the race organization directly. Really, call WMRC.

Nice, they don't give you much help, do they.

I look at their rulebook and found this:

1.4 A WMRC Racing License will not be issued to a new competitor unless he has passed a WMRC accredited race

school in the past 24 months. See www.wmrc.ca for current accredited schools.

So I go look at the site for accredited schools - NONE are listed. Even their link for "Learn to Race" doesn't list approved schools - it does imply by association that WRSS is approved but it doesn't say so anywhere. It also gives bad information in saying that race schools give out licenses, the don't. Only the sanctioning organization gives out licenses; in this case WMRC.

Also, their membership application - this is HOW you get a license - states:

If you did NOT hold a WMRC license last year include proof of previous track experience such as a previous license, race school certificate, etc.

So here's how this works. You go to a school, CSS, WRSS, any school, complete it and you get a certificate. You fill out a Membership Application and give that to WMRC with a copy of your school certificate. WMRC determines if the school is good enough to grant you a license.

Generally forums are a bad place to get answers to race organization rules. There's a lot of answers that don't matter. Only one answer counts and it has to be the official that's in charge of enforcing the rule for it to mean anything. The BEST way to get that answer is to call the race organization directly. Really, call WMRC.

THANK YOU, but FYI I actually emailed the guy BEFORE I posted on the forums and he told me he would forward it to someone else and I was to get a response in a week... But that never happened. But now's all and well... I will be planning to head down to CSS as soon as I get everything set up.

THANK YOU, but FYI I actually emailed the guy BEFORE I posted on the forums and he told me he would forward it to someone else and I was to get a response in a week... But that never happened. But now's all and well... I will be planning to head down to CSS as soon as I get everything set up.

I'm sure it will be worth it! :D