Looking

Nic

can sum one tell me do u look into the corner first then turn or turn then look :unsure: i look and turn am i doing it right or wrong ?

Find your turn point

Just before turn point, look into the turn

BEFORE you steer the bike

;)

It's covered in quite a bit more detail in the T-2 book.

CF

Good question Nic. Here is something that might work for you:

1. Take your best guess on a turn-in point (this is a good time to set your speed and get your body in position)
  2. As you approach the turn-in point, let your hands and face relax so your vision can expand
  3. When you can see (in your peripheral vision) that you are on target to hit your turn-in point, look in to the apex
  4. As you hit your turn-in point, turn in.

Get "Twist II" and you read more about it there.

Best wishes,

Crash106

thanks for your help guys ;) i will try that it all sounds simple but wen i try it all goes wrong like going two slow or then going two fast . the little corners catch me out ive got the dvd i will get the book at sum point

thanks for your help guys ;) i will try that it all sounds simple but wen i try it all goes wrong like going two slow or then going two fast . the little corners catch me out ive got the dvd i will get the book at sum point

You'll get to do this on Level 1 in the next couple of weeks... Nothing like waiting for the understanding of why before trying to apply I always find.. ;)

Bullet

Nic,

There are a few variables on looking: when before turn (there is a too soon as well as too late), then where exactly does one look? Your coach should be able to help on this at the school.

CF

Probably the biggest problem I had and still have occasional problems with. Looking to early into the turn and cutting the top of the apex off and running the ripple strip backing off the throttle and when passing the apex looking too far ahead and having a too tight a line making me back off the throttle again. Two/three step will definately make this looking business easier.

turn head just before you hit the TP then turn bike

turn head before apex looking for exit point roll the throttle gradually picking the bike up and then,

turn head before exit point and start looking for your next entry point or continue up the straight.

When I was having a problem with entering turns too slowly (so slowly the bike would about stall and fall over), I discovered my vision was getting stuck on my turn point. I fixed this by scanning the road surface BEFORE I got into the turn (so I could relax and stop worrying about sand, frogs and sticks), then looking in for the apex just before hitting my turn point. Suddenly, I was swooping in instead of stalling. I believe this is what CSS calls The Two Step.

Crash106

can sum one tell me do u look into the corner first then turn or turn then look :unsure: i look and turn am i doing it right or wrong ?

If you don't look before you turn, how will you know where you're going? B)

It'll be a nice suprise. :P

Bullet

ok i must be doing fine then because ive not hit a tree or a post yetlaugh.gif but i do go wide sum times not nice wen a car is on the over side off the roadunsure.gif

ok i must be doing fine then because ive not hit a tree or a post yetlaugh.gif but i do go wide sum times not nice wen a car is on the over side off the roadunsure.gif

There are a few pieces to the visual side Nic. The 2 step technique in the book doesn't cover all of it, it's designed for the first part of the turn, but then what comes next? How long does one look at the apex area? What if a late apex turn that apex isn't visible from turn in?

CF