Silverstone Levels 1 & 2

Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all at CSS for their help and support during my two days at Silverstone. Being the only wheelie to attend, I was a bit nervous about how it was all going to pan out. Having Jet and Pinky launch and catch me at the course control point worked out really well (despite Jet having a hand in plaster!). Everyone made me feel welcome and all potential access problems were easily over-come.

My track instructors Gary and Matthew were brilliant, and Andy was his legendary self for the classroom sessions. I had read Twist of the Wrist II before attending, but the actual sessions were of far greater value as it explained everything in an 'easy to understand' way. My riding became faster and smoother, we tried out a few new ideas and I'll continue developing as I practice the lessons during the coming track days.

I'm sure all who have done the levels will agree that it's the best thing they've ever done to improve their riding techniques. Can't wait to do level 4 (as I think level 3 might not be suitable!). Once again, thank you so much and see you again soon.

post-17215-127695288988_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all at CSS for their help and support during my two days at Silverstone. Being the only wheelie to attend, I was a bit nervous about how it was all going to pan out. Having Jet and Pinky launch and catch me at the course control point worked out really well (despite Jet having a hand in plaster!). Everyone made me feel welcome and all potential access problems were easily over-come.

My track instructors Gary and Matthew were brilliant, and Andy was his legendary self for the classroom sessions. I had read Twist of the Wrist II before attending, but the actual sessions were of far greater value as it explained everything in an 'easy to understand' way. My riding became faster and smoother, we tried out a few new ideas and I'll continue developing as I practice the lessons during the coming track days.

I'm sure all who have done the levels will agree that it's the best thing they've ever done to improve their riding techniques. Can't wait to do level 4 (as I think level 3 might not be suitable!). Once again, thank you so much and see you again soon.

That is pretty darn cool to hear, frickin' warms my heart! you for having the balls to ride, and doing it, the boys for catch and release! A lot more could be said but I just went and told the whole office and they were stoked!

Best,

CF

That is pretty darn cool to hear, frickin' warms my heart! you for having the balls to ride, and doing it, the boys for catch and release! A lot more could be said but I just went and told the whole office and they were stoked!

Best,

CF

+1 on what Cobie said. Very very cool!

Talan;

Your initial post was a bit confusing because I hadn't hear the term "wheelie" used as a Proper Noun before but then I am still learning the Kings English; then I saw the "launch/catch" thing and I was totally lost...until I went to your web site. Holy ######! You are one amazing guy and your story is even more amazing. Beyond this I am at a total loss for words...

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

love your web site great pics and vid did u do silverstone about 8 th and 9th of june wen it was pissing down all day ? i was im so much better rideing in the rain nowtongue.gif

love your web site great pics and vid did u do silverstone about 8 th and 9th of june wen it was pissing down all day ? i was im so much better rideing in the rain nowtongue.gif

Hi Nic

Yes, was there in the pouring rain on the 8th, my gortex jacket was useless so bought one of the clear rain respro jackets and stayed a lot drier. The 9th was great until the afternoon session when it poured down too. Luckily our group were in the classroom for the heaviest part of the rain! However, like you, my confidence in riding in the rain has risen right up. I know I'm riding faster as I went back to Mallory after doing the course, and on an SV650 (instead of my GSXR1000) I was lapping only 2 seconds slower! I was amazed that I could corner so fast and lap so quickly with 100bhp less, it's all down to what we were taught at CSS.

I am heading back to Silverstone for Level 4 on 18th August. Am really looking forward to it, especially as I need to figure where I need to brake/release the brake to unload the front tyre, as I low-sided whilst pushing the bike (the SV650) at Castle Combe. Had a full tank of gas too, so wondering what limits I need to put on myself to prevent that happening again. Hopefully a more personal look at my riding style will bring out the best way to approach and turn in. Will you be coming back for more?

Regards

Talan

hi talan i was rideing in that rain on the way home huh.gif but with my confidence pretty high i was doing ok . i had a few front wheel moments that day not a great feeling i comeing back next year mate for level 4 been just road rideing at mo but doing so much better thanks two the school smile.gif i love corners now im looking in the right places after level 2 . of to snetterton on the 29 july with a few mates to show of my drills i hopebiggrin.gif bye the way im braking far 2 early for corners thats wot i need to master all the best nic

• 4 weeks later...

Yeo Talan,

I like that Catch and Release idea. My only problem is that when I get paralysis attacks, it's my whole body! I had that happen to me on the road one day. I had been riding two up on The Tail of the Dragon--a famous motorcycle road here in the USA. My wife and I were almost back to the hotel when everything caught up with me. I started to go into an attack while riding on a very curvy mountain road. The road suddenly felt exactly like it was covered in ICE! I slowed down to 35 then 30 then 20. We finally coasted into a gas station and barely made it to an outside bench before my legs completely went out on me. I couldn't hold my arms up to drink my rescue medicine. Sip. Set hands in lap. Take another sip. Set hands in lap. Set drink on table, dry to take sip. That was the end of the fun for that day.

Part of the reason I bought "Twist II" and the DVD, was because they deal specifically with SRs. Cutting down the SRs helps reduce adrenalin and since my paralysis is muscle related, also helps reduce the frequency and severity of attacks. Using the techniques has helped my riding and well being a LOT.