Road Atlanta Wera Event June 26Th And 27Th

Hi Guy's,

I went racing this weekend at Road Atlanta and just wanted to tell you how it went. Road A has quickly become my favorite track. I have been there three times now, last year at the GNF, a track day event with NESBA and the WERA Pirelli Sprint Series this weekend.

The weekend was very hot with temps in the mid nineties. Race practice Friday started with me getting the flow of the track down then Saturday was morning practice with a 16 lap race I participated in, the Heavy Weight Solo. I am 55 so trying to muscle around a CBR1000RR with back straight speeds of 160 mph, heavy braking and switch backs that are similar to the last two turns at "The Streets of Willow" is a very challenging task. I made it and finished quite respectably at 10th.

Sunday was my day to really lay it on the line for the Senior Superbike race. This race is a 6 lap sprint where the minimum age is 40. I wish they would up the age limit some! There were four groups, the Expert HW and MW and the Novice HW and MW and were all gridded in two waves. I got a little bit of a slow start off the line but worked my way into a third place finish. What someone pointed out to me was that I finished 9th overall which included expert. When I broke free of traffic my best lap time was actually faster than first and second place. This was my second third place trophy in two WERA races and I have to tell you it really feels great.

I am not trying to toot my horn here but give a special thank you to the guys at CSS for helping me over the past few years. I have reached a level of riding that I never thought would have been possible four years ago. I wish everyone could experience what it feels like to really be a part of the motorcycle. Once the vail of fear is lifted and you trust what you have been taught, the experience is just incredible. Thanks again.

....I have reached a level of riding that I never thought would have been possible four years ago. I wish everyone could experience what it feels like to really be a part of the motorcycle. Once the vail of fear is lifted and you trust what you have been taught, the experience is just incredible.

Fossil;

Congratulations on your strong performance and podium at Road Atlanta this past weekend; your hard work and dedication is paying off.

This was a fun read but this last section jumped out at me the most. IMHO, it frames your success in a way that is pretty easy to understand, embracing it is what the challenge is all about.

Rain

Awesome, Fossil (sorry, it's just irresistible), that sounds fantastic. Wish I coulda been there to see it. :)

Hey, don't go pushing up that age limit, I'm in a big hurry to get out of the races that are full of 18-25 year olds!! Clearly, though, when you look at laptimes and watch the races, Senior Superbike is serious competition, it's great that you are doing so well.

I'm still waiting for the "old lady" division to arrive, I bet I'd do great. :)

Thanks for letting us share in your fun.

Awesome, Fossil (sorry, it's just irresistible), that sounds fantastic. Wish I coulda been there to see it. :)

Hey, don't go pushing up that age limit, I'm in a big hurry to get out of the races that are full of 18-25 year olds!! Clearly, though, when you look at laptimes and watch the races, Senior Superbike is serious competition, it's great that you are doing so well.

Why aren't you competing in Women's Super Stock?

Why aren't you competing in Women's Super Stock?

I am, I'm just not willing to travel to do it. WERA comes here twice a year. I raced last fall and was there to race in January but had a problem with the bike and couldn't get it handled in time to make the race. (I ended up racing a rented 250 that day, got third in my race, had a hell of a good time.) I plan to race in the fall race this year.