Vir - Which Airport?

Hello fellow riders,

I'm heading to VIR for a school this fall (YAY!!) and I've never been there. It was recommended to me to fly into Greensboro airport, but the flight options aren't that great. I can get a much better schedule and fare if I fly into Raleigh-Durham instead. Looking at a map, it looks like it's only slightly farther to drive; any advice on this? Is there any reason NOT to just fly into Raleigh?

Thanks in advance for advice or ideas. :)

Hello fellow riders,

I'm heading to VIR for a school this fall (YAY!!) and I've never been there. It was recommended to me to fly into Greensboro airport, but the flight options aren't that great. I can get a much better schedule and fare if I fly into Raleigh-Durham instead. Looking at a map, it looks like it's only slightly farther to drive; any advice on this? Is there any reason NOT to just fly into Raleigh?

Hotfoot,

Remember that you have to go East from Danville to county road 62. It looks to me like you could go straight up from Raliegh. Take 57 501 up to Milton and you are right there.

Hello fellow riders,

Thanks in advance for advice or ideas. smile.gif

Hotfoot,

Remember that you have to go East from Danville to county road 62. It looks to me like you could go straight up from Raliegh. Take 57 501 up to Milton and you are right there.

Hottie;

The last time I was there I flew into RDU (Raleigh) and it was a pretty easy drive from there.

Rainman

Hello fellow riders,

Hottie,

Fly into Bakersfield, easy commute.

Thanks very much, fellas, for the prompt and (mostly) helpful replies.

How about it, Fossil, wanna come out and play? This is a lot closer to you than I normally get, and having you out there to chase around would definitely be good motivation to get me going faster! :)

Hey, Cobie, what's airport code for Bakersfield? BFE?