A recent road test happened at the Streets of Willow Springs and our hero exceeded the tractiom limit of the tires, not fully up to temp. Fairly slow speed turn, 40-50, but the nice thing was, after inspection and finding blue marks on the pavement (initially thought to be fairing), it was discovered it was the plastic armor on the Alpinestar gloves. Anyway, the point of the story is all the gear worked flawlessly, our hero had not a scratch (literally) and not even sore or bruised (at all!). The gear worked from head to foot perfectly, and looks lightly scuffed. Unsolicited testimony!

Best,

CF

A recent road test happened at the Streets of Willow Springs and our hero exceeded the tractiom limit of the tires, not fully up to temp. Fairly slow speed turn, 40-50, but the nice thing was, after inspection and finding blue marks on the pavement (initially thought to be fairing), it was discovered it was the plastic armor on the Alpinestar gloves. Anyway, the point of the story is all the gear worked flawlessly, our hero had not a scratch (literally) and not even sore or bruised (at all!). The gear worked from head to foot perfectly, and looks lightly scuffed. Unsolicited testimony!

Best,

CF

Do you know what kind of Alpinestars gloves they were? I use A*s GP Tech. Crash tested them and they proved out to be perfect hand/wrist protectors.

I'm sorry you fell down, but I'm glad the gear worked as advertised. After I fell over in my gravel driveway last year--just missing a softball sized rock with my shoulder--I bought a summer jacked with CE pads in the elbows, shoulders and back. Haven't test it yet, but I feel a lot better about having it. Good to know the school armor works so well. I'll leave the testing to you--if you don't mind. ;~)

I don't have a crash report :) , but I thought I'd add something to the thread - I have been using Shoei helmets for a while, they fit great, but at a recent school I tried one of the school's KBC helmets, partly because I was ready to buy another helmet. I liked it, so when I got home I checked out prices... and whaddyaknow, I found a top of the line KBC race helmet (VR2R) on sale for - get ready - one-quarter of the price of the Shoei. So, I bought it, and after using it for a while I have been VERY impressed. It is just as lightweight, it's vented well, the vents are easier to operate with gloves on, and it is SO much quieter I couldn't believe it. I can ride in this helmet without earplugs; not that I really recommend that, but in my old helmet it was actually painfully loud without earplugs, so the difference is startling.

The downside - the inside lining is not quite as plush, although the fit is quite good, and the designs and the finish are not quite as appealing.

But, overall I like the KBC better, and with the huge difference in price... I thought it would be worth passing this along, because I had never heard of KBC, I had no idea they made such a good and sensibly priced lid.

Hotfeet,

Yeah, they also have replacement liners (they come out very easily too), easy to adjust the inside if needed.

CF