Twist Of The Wrist Ii Dvd

Hi All

My name is Patrick, I am waiting to do the CSS Level 1 but unfortunately the course is booked out for this year, so instead of waiting a long time for the course to seek improving my riding I thought I should watch atleast the Twist Of The Wrist II DVD a couple of times and try it out for myself until the course is avaliable.

Today is Sunday 5th Of September 2010 I went to Stanwell Tops. I instantly saw my overall confidence increase by at least 25%. The weather conditions were quite bad, high winds gust, branches from the trees on the road. The first half of the stretch coming from Miranda, the road was in perfect condition and the second part to the lookout was quite bad.

First thing I notice was my confidence with the high wind increased and negative forces acting on my bike was greatly reduced and I was not scared of the wind pushing my bike anymore.

The other thing I notice was my arm fatigue reduced by 90%, I only felt my arm to fatigue once on the whole trip.

The confidence of avoiding the obstacles on the road also increased, and I could feel the bond I had with my bike was much better.

Cornering was much better and increase of at least 10%, I did not corner as I would like to due to wind and obstacles on the road was distracting me for parts of the road.

I totally recommend the Twist Of The Wrist II DVD as a start anyway and I have purchased the Twist Of The Wrist II book. The video gives you visual effects of the bikes physical characteristic and a better understanding of why the bike act the way it acts.

I have purchased the Twist Of The Wrist II Book which I guess gives you a more in-depth understanding of riding then the DVD.

The summary of what I learned is that considering the really bad conditions today and how I felt after the ride indicates to me that the DVD did help me quite alot just by viewing it a couple of times.

I hope this information helps people making the decision whether spending the money on the DVD or on the book is a waste of money or have second thoughts.

Good luck people if you decide to purchase the DVD or Book.

P.S My Chicken Strips on my tyres were reduced hopeful next time are competely gone.

Cheers

Patrick

Patrick, this is the kind of stuff coaches love to read! Your control over your bike is increased which gives you that confidence, you can ride for longer - easier, the wind doesn't effect your bike as it did before, these are MASSIVE improvements in riding and the cool thing to note is it's not just due to the work from Keith and his team, but it comes down to you applying the technology, well done buddy!

So, what new technology from the DVD is in your plan for your next ride?

Patrick, this is the kind of stuff coaches love to read! Your control over your bike is increased which gives you that confidence, you can ride for longer - easier, the wind doesn't effect your bike as it did before, these are MASSIVE improvements in riding and the cool thing to note is it's not just due to the work from Keith and his team, but it comes down to you applying the technology, well done buddy!

Hi

Jason I was really suprised by understanding some tech stuff is really important to help you understand your bike for riding.

I will try to go to Stanwell Tops every week until Track Day on 3 Oct at the Creek.

I will go out for a ride this weekend and try to reinforce what was outlined in the DVD and iron out any bad habbits and see if that confidence is still there or increased.

I am reading the Twist OF The Wrist II Book now.

I am going to use the book information for my Track day to get the most out of the day.

Anyway Jason take care dude

Patrick

Hi

Jason I was really suprised by understanding some tech stuff is really important to help you understand your bike for riding.

I will try to go to Stanwell Tops every week until Track Day on 3 Oct at the Creek.

I will go out for a ride this weekend and try to reinforce what was outlined in the DVD and iron out any bad habbits and see if that confidence is still there or increased.

I am reading the Twist OF The Wrist II Book now.

I am going to use the book information for my Track day to get the most out of the day.

Anyway Jason take care dude

Patrick

Congratulation Patrick for your improvement.

My advise to you is when you get a chance to take the classes at CSS, do not hesitate.

As you noted your owm improvement, you will be astonished of how much more you can improve. You are going to be surrounded by coaches that are mastered of the techniques of riding in general. As you can see I did not mention cornering but I used riding in general. They can notice and correct the minimum weakness you have in your riding abilities from head, body posistion to if you are stiff, etc, etc. I say that because I took level one and I stiffened out in one of the corners and for a few mili-seconds and the coach (Pete) immmediately noticed it and brought it to my attention. It was mind blowing to me of how he noticed it. He also corrected other parts of my riding that I needed improvewment. By the way, that is just an example of the things they can see and can have you improve besides the technique they teach. I am just explanning my own experiences with the CSS. I am saving my pennies to take Level 2 and 3 back to back. Good luck to you and keep practicing. Do not forget 55 and stay alive.

The Razor

Hello Patrick,

It sounds like you got a lot out of the DVD. I did too. If you get a chance, watch it again but don't listen to the narrator as much. Instead, listen to what the rider is doing with the throttle in the corners. I learned a lot by listening to what the engine was doing--especially in the on-track sections where they do several alternative lines and options through the corner. These make more sense when you hear what the rider is doing (and so, what WE should be doing) with the gas.

Hello Patrick,

It sounds like you got a lot out of the DVD. I did too. If you get a chance, watch it again but don't listen to the narrator as much. Instead, listen to what the rider is doing with the throttle in the corners. I learned a lot by listening to what the engine was doing--especially in the on-track sections where they do several alternative lines and options through the corner. These make more sense when you hear what the rider is doing (and so, what WE should be doing) with the gas.

Thanks Mr Crash106,

I will take your tip and watch it like you said, I am reading book now quite good.....

Do you have the book as well??

Cheers

Patrick