Level I And Level Ii

Hi,

Does it make sense to repeat the levels immediately (a couple of days) after doing them. (for more practice, tracktime, re-learning stuff you missed etc)

Also, for a first time student which of the below options is better.

1. All levels (1-4) at one go.

2. Levels 1-2 this year and 3-4 next year.

Thanks for the help.

Rgds,

Vaibhav

Does it make sense to repeat the levels immediately (a couple of days) after doing them. (for more practice, tracktime, re-learning stuff you missed etc)

Also, for a first time student which of the below options is better.

1. All levels (1-4) at one go.

2. Levels 1-2 this year and 3-4 next year.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Vaibhav,

Interesting question. The right answer is, I think, a big "it depends".

It definitely depends on your previous experience and exposure to the curriculum (e.g. if you've read and are applying the technology in the Twist books for several years), and whether you are generally a quick learner or not. It also depends on whether you are used to riding on a track, and whether you are used to riding a couple of hours per day or not (physical as well as mental fatigue can be a problem).

If you're not familiar with the curriculum, then I would say that the best way of learning the material would be to take 1-2 levels, then head out to practice what you have learned, and then return for the next level(s).

Personally, I would not immediately re-take any of Levels 1-3 with a couple of days in between; I would prefer to head out and practice the material for some time, before returning to retake the level. Level 4 is personal coaching, so that's an entirely different matter.

As for taking all four levels in a row: if you are quite familiar with the curriculum in advance and won't be fatigued by riding several days on a track in a row, then you should be able to take and absorb Level 1-3 in three days. If you're not so familiar with the curriculum, or you're not used to ride a lot or new to riding on a track, then you are likely to be "filled up" with the new input over the first 1-2 days and your learning is likely to deteriorate on the third day (Level 3).

So my "default" recommendation would be to take Level 1-2 the first year and return the next year for Level 3-4.

So, in true spirit of the CSS, you don't get an answer to your question, but rather a question for yourself to answer in order for you to be able to answer your own question.

Kai (just another student)

Kai,

Pretty good answer mate!

Some come and can do 4 days, but in the end, as Kai said, if not used to it, 4 days is a lot.

CF

Thanks for the inputs guys. Much appreciated.

However, considering the low frequency of track days available here, would it make sense to repeat Level 1 and Level 2 immediately just for the sake of more practice.

Rgds,

Vaibhav

If it's for track-time, it probably would be beneficial to take all the levels, especially since level 4 is personal coaching. You can redo any area you want to reinforce. You can practice all the skills at a lower level after that if your season is over. A parking lot will do just fine.

If it's for track-time, it probably would be beneficial to take all the levels, especially since level 4 is personal coaching. You can redo any area you want to reinforce. You can practice all the skills at a lower level after that if your season is over. A parking lot will do just fine.

If doing 4 days in a row, just rock on through them!

Thanks for the help guys.

I have registered for Level I, II and III this year.

Cool! For sure come and say hello when you do come out!

CF