Njms Thunderbolt

Is the school going to bring the lean Bike to Thunderbolt. I am planning to take level II and III.

Just want to know if I am going to be able to ride it.

Razor;

I know from cornerworking there this past season that the School does bring it to NJMP. They run the off track drills in the paddock beyond the end of the garages.

Rainman

Is the school going to bring the lean Bike to Thunderbolt. I am planning to take level II and III.

Razor;

I know from cornerworking there this past season that the School does bring it to NJMP. They run the off track drills in the paddock beyond the end of the garages.

Rainman

Rainman is of course correct, we do run it there. Can't do the slide bike though, not enough room. Also, can't run it in the wet, the original crash test dummy (me) found out exactly what happens when you ride it in the wet--you slide off the back as it spins past 180. Was pretty entertaining really.

CF

Razor;

Rainman

Rainman is of course correct, we do run it there. Can't do the slide bike though, not enough room. Also, can't run it in the wet, the original crash test dummy (me) found out exactly what happens when you ride it in the wet--you slide off the back as it spins past 180. Was pretty entertaining really.

CF

Thanks Rainman and CF for your answer. Looking forward to trying the lean bike even if it is for a couple of try. I hope we do not get rain on the day I take level II or level III for that matter. Looking forward to going back to NJMS. Maybe I get lucky and I get Cobie as my coach.

Thanks again guys.

the razor

I too am looking forward to the lean bike in August '11 at NJMP. By the time I straddle that thing, 8 months will have gone by since my levels 1 & 2, and if I'm lucky I'll have had three months to practice what I was taught in Vegas. All of this to say that I'll need to get back to work seriously on said machine to get back up to speed, so to say. My instructor will have a plate full keeping an eye on me...

Orc

I keep meaning to say, you guys have some great names: The Razor, Orc, too cool!

If you guys let us know when you are coming, and the coach is at that school, I will try and accomodate. I can't promise it though, as we rotate duties, so one guy isn't always stuck on a particular thing (Level 4, off-track, video review, etc.).

What many find is it can be nice to get a different view from another coach too.

Best,

CF

Cobie, come to think of it, since I'm listed for two days in August, will I be seeing two coaches on the lean bike? I do intend to hop on it several times to get the kinks out of my 'attitude' before returning to the track. And with your comment re. seeing two coaches would be a good idea, I was thinking it would indeed be a good idea.

Orc