Bike Set Up

I know Cobie is going to have a new section (I think) about tires. But since this question is related to tires I'd like to put it out there. I changed the brand of tires on my CBR1000RR. I used to have the factory bridgestone and after going to the CSS I went with the Q2. I noticed the change in handling from one tire to the other. To be specific, the way it reacts when cornering. By the way. I had the suspension set up with the factory tires. Questions: Why is there a change when cornering?. What is the corrective action so the Q2's corner as the factory brand?. Also, gripping is not a factor. OK. fellows let it reap. I am all ears. Thanks,

The razor.

To be specific, the way it reacts when cornering. By the way. I had the suspension set up with the factory tires. Questions: Why is there a change when cornering?

Can you elaborate more on what change you are seeing? Better? Worse? Just different?

Stevo. It is not turning as fast as it used bo be. I have to keep the pressure a lit bit longer on handle bar

to hit my apex. Before I just pushed and it was there. Now, if I do not keep the pressure a bit longer I get

a bit wide on the turn with the end result I am off the apex, not by much but still wide. Thanks for asking.

• 3 weeks later...

To be specific, the way it reacts when cornering. By the way. I had the suspension set up with the factory tires. Questions: Why is there a change when cornering?

Can you elaborate more on what change you are seeing? Better? Worse? Just different?

Stevo. It is not turning as fast as it used bo be. I have to keep the pressure a lit bit longer on handle bar

to hit my apex. Before I just pushed and it was there. Now, if I do not keep the pressure a bit longer I get

a bit wide on the turn with the end result I am off the apex, not by much but still wide. Thanks for asking.

Im surprised with how you find the tyres reacting differently as I have went through alot of different tyres and found the Q2s to turn faster than the bridgestones!

Anyway what Id suggest is rather than opening a can of worms with your setup I would record your set up with bridgestone tyres, then put it back to factory settings and dial in the Q2s from there using your knowledge of the bridgestones to get it how you like!

It also sounds as though you need to work on your steering drill with the new tyres to find out how much you need to give it to point the bike where you want it to go!

Bobby