24/25 March Css 2-Day Camp At The Streets

Who else is going to the 2-day camp at Streets of Willow on 24/25 March?

Who is planning on camping?

Who has camped there before?

What is the camping situation there?

Is there anywhere to shower?

Thanks

-Brian

Hi Brian,

Some have camped, there are RV hook ups, might be showeres (I should know) but you can always ring the track and ask.

CF

Thanks

-Brian

I'll be there - corner working. I don't remember showers at Streets - maybe over at the big track?? Nevertheless, a few of those sani-wipe things, a bike and a track... what more could you ask for :D I'll be "camping" actually clear-out the back of the Yukon and I'm good :) There's a little hotel down the street from the track as well. Never been, though; heard it's cheap and cheap.

See ya out there,

Josh

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks

-Brian

For those of you coming to Streets of Willow this week / weekend, especially if you are from out of state, this is just a reminder to check the weather. It is often in the 30s at night in the desert, even when it is expected to be in the 60s or 70s mid-day. It can be chilly going through the check-in process and sitting through your first classroom session if you don't have some warm layers or a jacket. Usually by the time you are on the bike it is nice, but it can be frosty at 7am!

Thanks

-Brian

For those of you coming to Streets of Willow this week / weekend, especially if you are from out of state, this is just a reminder to check the weather. It is often in the 30s at night in the desert, even when it is expected to be in the 60s or 70s mid-day. It can be chilly going through the check-in process and sitting through your first classroom session if you don't have some warm layers or a jacket. Usually by the time you are on the bike it is nice, but it can be frosty at 7am!

Yeah, I just checked the weather. 40% chance of rain on Friday... :-( and chilly. I then became pretty worried about being cold and wet. I'm wearing my own leathers which are perforated.. I just called the office to ask if they had rain gear for students and the nice lady in the office said they did, so I'm hoping that is accurate.

I did book a hotel room, so at least I'll get a hot shower at night. For the first classroom session, are we sitting there in our gear already, or do we change after our first classroom session?

Thanks

-Brian

Thanks

-Brian

Yeah, I just checked the weather. 40% chance of rain on Friday... :-( and chilly. I then became pretty worried about being cold and wet. I'm wearing my own leathers which are perforated.. I just called the office to ask if they had rain gear for students and the nice lady in the office said they did, so I'm hoping that is accurate.

I did book a hotel room, so at least I'll get a hot shower at night. For the first classroom session, are we sitting there in our gear already, or do we change after our first classroom session?

Thanks

-Brian

You will sit through an intro first, and whether you get suited before your first classroom session may depend on what group you are in. Some people show up already in their leathers, but since a lot of riders rent from the school, you should have ample warning as to when you need to get dressed - when the students who need to rent leathers get sent to get them, that's a good time for you to change.

I usually wear warm layer underneath my leathers - I use an UnderArmour warm layer that blocks the wind nicely, and on REALLY cold days I tuck a scarf inside the front of my leathers to block the worst of the breeze from the perforations. I also sometimes bring a jacket that fits over my leathers, great for cold or drizzly days. I think they may even let you wear a jacket over your leathers on the track, as long as it isn't something that will come off, flap, or distract you, and the pockets are empty so nothing can fall out onto the track.

I'm camping there during the weekend. It's two days, so I can make it through with sani-wipes. I can hopefully get in on Friday to stay overnight. Otherwise it'll be at some campsite, or just outside the track.

So what exactly is the rain check policy. I know that riding in the rain is a fact of life, but we are spending thousands of dollars for this school. Also, can a CSS instructor confirm or deny that the school has rain gear to wear over our leathers? If not I only have one day to try and acquire some as I do not normally ride in the rain.

Thank you

Archived