Daytona 200

I watched the first half of the Daytona 200 but needed to do other things today so at the half way point I shut it off. No problem I thought because I was using my DVR so I didn't anticipate any issues with watching the second half later on. Well it is later on and when I went to enjoy the second half my tape (?) ended before the race did so I was trying to find out who won.

I went to the AMA Racing website but surprisingly, they didn't have any results for that race even though it should have ended some time ago. The I went to www.roadracingworld.com and their site didn't include the result. Then I went to the Daytona Track Web Site and still no results, then I did a simple google search AND STILL NO RESULTS...

Can someone send me a private e-mail [kkane@widewaters.com] if they know anything about the second half of the race as well as who won? PLEASE do not post it here as it will ruin it for Members who know how to use their DVR better than I do.

TIA;

Kevin Kane

We all get Second chances...

Speed Channel reports that the Daytona 200 will be replayed at 11:00 PM EDT. This time I will set my DVR accordingly.

Kevin

I recorded it (with an extra hour to account for "live" issues and I was seriously torqued when I got to the end of my recording and still no restart. But thanks to those second chances I got to see Saturday night's as well. And man was I glad to catch that one. What an exciting race to start the season with!

After watching the slo-mo of the sprint to the line, I had some questions about whether there was any fault to be found in what happened at the end. Obviously I wasn't alone in my thoughts...

This link is from the web site www.roadracingworld.com

http://moto-racing.s...tona-200-crash/

For those that may not be aware and own an iPhone/iPad there's an app called 'AMA Pro Racing' which gives up to the lap stats on races. I knew what the outcome of the 200 was though I didn't get to see it until later.

That was REALLY frustrating! I rarely get the chance/time to sit down and watch a race when it's actually on instead of DVR playback. This year, the 200...yay! After over an hour of paddock footage and chit chat, I was pretty annoyed to be cut over to nascar qualifier stuff. :angry: But, I didn't know Ricky Carmichael is racing trucks now? :huh:

The long delay was pretty annoying, but the end to the Sportbike race was really incredible. Disalvo winning the race on a backup engine on the 848 was impressive. I was really pulling for Zemke to get the win and earn some new sponsorships. He's too talented to be limited to only one race this season. Hopefully someone takes a chance on him. And, I couldn't believe it when they said no one was hurt in the crash at the finish line.

I finally sat down to watch the first Superbike race last night. I thought it was very interesting to see where the R1 and GSXR1000 were strongest. Great corner speed and drive from the R1 (or maybe that's more Josh Hayes talent) and amazing top end from the GSXR. Pegram really charged hard on the BMW; it will be fun to watch and see if he can get it closer to the front. Unfortunately, I missed recording race two, so I guess I'm just going to have to go read about it...

I finally sat down to watch the first Superbike race last night. I thought it was very interesting to see where the R1 and GSXR1000 were strongest. Great corner speed and drive from the R1 (or maybe that's more Josh Hayes talent) and amazing top end from the GSXR. Pegram really charged hard on the BMW; it will be fun to watch and see if he can get it closer to the front. Unfortunately, I missed recording race two, so I guess I'm just going to have to go read about it...

I've been trying to catch that race as well. I finally watched the conclusion of the Sportbike race last night, but can never find the Superbike race. Does anyone know if/when it'll re-air again?

Thanks

Ozzy

I've been trying to catch that race as well. I finally watched the conclusion of the Sportbike race last night, but can never find the Superbike race. Does anyone know if/when it'll re-air again?

Thanks

Ozzy

I'm wondering the same thing. Last night when I looked through the next few weeks programming on Speed, I did not find any scheduled reruns of the Daytona races :angry:, so we may be out of luck.

Thanks

Ozzy

I'm wondering the same thing. Last night when I looked through the next few weeks programming on Speed, I did not find any scheduled reruns of the Daytona races :angry:, so we may be out of luck.

I thought it was just me, figured that I just missed it but gathering from all the comments Speed must not have aired it. I also went through the guide as far as it would go and couldn't find it. I will say that I have seen road racing mis-labled as motocross in the guide a few times (I'm on Comcast here) so I set the DVR to record all of those for the next week. I'm not hopeful but it's worth a shot...

After watching the slo-mo of the sprint to the line, I had some questions about whether there was any fault to be found in what happened at the end. Obviously I wasn't alone in my thoughts...

Thanks for the link Rainman, I had missed this article. This was interesting and I'm assuming what you were referring to:

"AMA Pro Racing has carefully reviewed footage of the closing stages of the Daytona 200, together with other pertinent information, and has regrettably found one rider's on-track actions to have been unacceptably dangerous to other riders."

What did you see or what do you think they saw?

Thanks for the link Rainman, I had missed this article. This was interesting and I'm assuming what you were referring to:

"AMA Pro Racing has carefully reviewed footage of the closing stages of the Daytona 200, together with other pertinent information, and has regrettably found one rider's on-track actions to have been unacceptably dangerous to other riders."

The second (or third) time they came together it looked (to me) that an elbow was thrown out toward the inside bike...

Rainman

The second (or third) time they came together it looked (to me) that an elbow was thrown out toward the inside bike...

Rainman

There is massive amounts of dialog in other places about this. Not only about the happening itself but mostly about how much of a jerk Herrin was/is being about it in interviews and some crazy facebook posting since removed. The sort of stuff a sponsored professional should in the least know when to keep their mouth shut. I'm really thinking he'll be losing some support from this this whole thing. I've thought he's a loose cannon rider as it is, now, a jerk as well. :rolleyes:

Rainman

Wow. After you pointed it out I watched it again and I can see where it looks that way (I wish I had it in high def). When I first saw it during the race I marked it off as "racing", but I guess there is always more to the story.

Thanks again for the links.

Very interesting development going on here. I've watched that scene at least a dozen times, and it sure looks like the elbow was thrown purposefully. The question in my mind is whether the purpose truly was to cause that disaster, or was it just what I thought it was the first time I saw it - two guys elbowing each other as they jockeyed for position. Given some of the things I've seen on the internet, it's hard not to think it was the former. And, if that were the case... wow... that guy should spend the rest of the season at home pondering his own lack of judgment.

And we have a verdict from the AMA

http://www.amaprorac...x.cfm?cid=41910

And here is Herrin's reaction:

http://www.roadracin...s&article=43766

I was worried that Herrin and Eslick's feud would boil over this year and wonder if/how that incident at Barber affected Josh's thinking at Daytona (his mentioning he didn't want to give up the spot makes me think it's possible it did). I just hope that this cools things off. All in all, a broken thumb (Dane), a one race suspension (Josh), and a $7500 fine (Graves) is getting off relatively cheap from that incident. It could have been so much worse. Every time I watch it I wonder how Westby and Knapp walked away from that.

It could have been so much worse. Every time I watch it I wonder how Westby and Knapp walked away from that.

Agreed! At those speeds, with that sort of a packed rush for the finish, the words potential fatality come to mind. Thanks be to what ever that wasn't the case.

I think Herrin got off easy, but now he has the officials attention, and any further "accidents" are probably going to be more detrimental to Herrins season. Frankly, I found his comment about not wanting to give up his position so he put out his elbows to be quite telling. So tell us Josh, the next time someone tries to pass you are you going to clothesline them?

So tell us Josh, the next time someone tries to pass you are you going to clothesline them?

Being on probation I would *think* he would have to have the sense behave like an alter boy for the rest of the season. But time will surely tell. :rolleyes:

Archived