Camier

It was nice to see Leon Camier give a shout out to Keith today in the interview after he made it onto the podium at Donnington Park. That's the best kind of publicity you can get!

Heard it too. Awesome!

It was nice to see Leon Camier give a shout out to Keith today in the interview after he made it onto the podium at Donnington Park. That's the best kind of publicity you can get!

Heard it too. Awesome!

I heard it also; very classy.

Heard it too. Awesome!

I heard it also; very classy.

h

...and if you watched Race 2 closely enough you saw him effectively use the Hook Turn when he squared up Haslam to take the third spot on the podium. At the press conference after Leon Camier gave kudos to Keith, Jonathan Green affirmed Keith as well. It was all good!

Cobie (or Keith) will have to let us know if Keith made it back to the Streets of Willow Springs for Code Race which started Monday morning and wraps up tomorrow.

Rainman

What was also very good to hear is how they kept complimenting Camier's ability to get the Aprilia into and around corners. They said, at one point, that he was turning the bike as well as they'd ever seen.

I had to chuckle... the day before the race I met some guys while I was out riding, parked up at a cafe.

The conversation got onto CSS and the things that were taught during the schools.

One of the more senior gentleman (I'm guessing early 50's) said "I've been racing for years, I wouldn't learn anything there..."

When I asked what class of racing he had done, it was mostly Post Classics and Clubmans...

The funny thing was, I bumped into him the day after the race (must have been fate) and I said "Did you watch the Superbikes yesterday?"

"Yes, I did."

So you saw Leon Camier's interview after the second race?"

"Is that the tall scrawny one?"

"Yep"

"Yeah, he was babbling on about that guy you were talking about the other day, wasn't he? Someone Code?"

"Keith Code. That's right"

"Well it just goes to show that these young guys need coaching then, doesn't it?"

I shook my head and walked away. Some people just don't get it, do they...

...I can say that it's a combination of denial and fear. Denial in that we do not want to admit that our juniours have anything to teach us, fear that they might have and make us look silly

Well said Eirik. I remember the first time I saw a doctor that was younger than me. That was unsettling at first but he was a great doc.

And for the record, I also thought it was a nice gesture by Leon thanking Keith for his efforts like he did.

Now, I don't want to go of on a rant here but...many people I speak with have a limited knowledge and unfavorable opinion of sportbikes and sportbike riders. Unfortunately the vast majority of the population's experience with sportbikes comes from street riders and lets face it, many of the people who ride sportbikes on the street really don't portray us in a favorable light.

Just this weekend I was in Houston and while at a stoplight in a residential neighborhood, a Gixxer wheelies through the intersection like he'd just crossed the finish line at Jerez (wearing his best t-shirt and shorts). Think of all the fans he just created.

This is the kind of guy people think of when I tell them I ride sportbikes and they have a hard time reconciling that with me as I do not fit the image that comes to mind when they see a "crotch rocket". When they learn about the community of track riders and amateur racers that take this very seriously hopefully they go away with a different and more positive opinion.

Keith is an ambassador for motorcycle education and I think what he, and his whole team at CSS, does is not just good for the riders they train but is in fact good for the sport as a whole.

Of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. :D

Archived