Chicken Strips...

i seem to have a personal level peroblem with leaning the bike over . pretty much one time i can go all the way the next not. its not the bike i am not losing traction its deff my personal fear so to speak but i cant get past it . i have good throttel controll just cant get consitant lean angles. any tips or drills any one does to break this bad habbit?? i would love some imput on this thanks very much guys .

Don't obsess over them. They'll disappear with good form rather than trying to force yourself into riding outside of your own comfort zone just for the sake of a few mm of rubber on show.

Either get out on track with an instructor who knows what they're doing, or get to one of the schools where you'll learn all you need to about consistent cornering, what you might be doing wrong and how to address that.

Find a nice, big, roundabout in a quiet location; preferably one with few exits.

Set your body position, relax, go round and round: don't force it and remember to keep checking to make sure you are properly relaxed.

Go faster, go slower, repeat. Gently work your way up in speed.

Simples.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't obsess over them. They'll disappear with good form rather than trying to force yourself into riding outside of your own comfort zone just for the sake of a few mm of rubber on show.

Either get out on track with an instructor who knows what they're doing, or get to one of the schools where you'll learn all you need to about consistent cornering, what you might be doing wrong and how to address that.

I agree - IMHO, reducing / eliminating chicken strips and getting a knee down (I know you didn't mention this) should NOT be a goal. Learning the proper techniques used to safely and effectively corner a motorcycle - THAT'S the goal. B)

"cant get consitant lean angles" Maybe you should try getting good reference points for initiating your turns to be more consistant. Positive feedback on good turns...what did you do? Yes, and relax. There are some things you can't experience by reading...you have to do it.

hows your riding? do you make the bike stable all the time or just some?

i need to relax more i just can figure out how . i am very inconsitant . i think i am getting crossed up . and as for being stable its a 85 percent thing the rest i am not to stable..

Archived