Which Css Levels Should I Attend?

Hello everyone,

I write to you from East Europe, Romania.

At this moment I have some track experience but all I've learned so far was from TOTW2, CSS UK TV Show and few tips from different skilled local riders. Didn't attended to any riding schools yet and I'm convinced I have to do it faster rather than later. The problem is that I don't know to which Levels I should start from and I hope I can find my answer here, as the date of 30th July is getting closer and closer. That's the date of the Drakon track CSS event takes place, in Bulgaria. Anyone has further details about this event?

I have been riding on a couple of tracks so far: Serres - Greece twice, Slovakiaring - Slovakia, Pannonia Ring - Hungary, and a small local track used manly for gokarts.

I still have huge areas to improve and one that is crucial is to stop crashing so often.

I'll let the pictures say the rest and hopefully a CSS coach or an experienced racer might give me an advice.

Thank you in advance,

S

post-22240-0-79400500-1305868473_thumb.jpg

post-22240-0-22437800-1305868494_thumb.jpg

post-22240-0-87346500-1305868500_thumb.jpg

post-22240-0-80138900-1305868511_thumb.jpg

post-22240-0-67820400-1305868522_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone,

I write to you from East Europe, Romania.

At this moment I have some track experience but all I've learned so far was from TOTW2, CSS UK TV Show and few tips from different skilled local riders. Didn't attended to any riding schools yet and I'm convinced I have to do it faster rather than later. The problem is that I don't know to which Levels I should start from and I hope I can find my answer here, as the date of 30th July is getting closer and closer. That's the date of the Drakon track CSS event takes place, in Bulgaria. Anyone has further details about this event?

I have been riding on a couple of tracks so far: Serres - Greece twice, Slovakiaring - Slovakia, Pannonia Ring - Hungary, and a small local track used manly for gokarts.

I still have huge areas to improve and one that is crucial is to stop crashing so often.

I'll let the pictures say the rest and hopefully a CSS coach or an experienced racer might give me an advice.

Thank you in advance,

S

Hi there,

You look really good already. However, everyone begins the CSS curriculum at level 1. I don't know if there are exceptions but that is generally the case. trust me, you will learn a lot to improve your riding in level I. cheers.

Hi Silviu,

AQAJR is correct, everyone takes the levels in order and starting with Level 1 as the levels are not skill levels per se but levels of an overall program and they scale to your level of experience. For example Throttle Control is the very first subject and drill in level one and it is also what Keith coached Scott Russell on. Clearly what Scott needed was on another scale than what I was coached on in Level 1 but that's part of the genius of the program.

Don't worry about Level one being too basic because if you have skills in the subject areas the coaches will help you develop them even more and if you dont have skills there they will help you build a strong foundation.

Best,

Carey

The problem is that I don't know to which Levels I should start from and I hope I can find my answer here, as the date of 30th July is getting closer and closer. That's the date of the Drakon track CSS event takes

S;

We all start at Level I - no exception.

Hope this helps.

Rainman

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your quick response!

No doubt I'll start from Level 1 and continue from there. I already phoned the office in UK to gather more information about their 2 days school in Kaloyanovo on the Drakon Track, Bulgaria. I wanted to be sure that the coaches from UK will be there. It would be a waste of time and money to be coached by some Bulgarian amateurs.

Did anyone from East of Europe went to this track with CSS? I am curious about how things worked there, the facilities, accommodation, etc. On 14th and 15th of May CSS should have been there.

Cheers,

S

They all progress you in different skills. Once you are at level 4 you can take it repeatedly. If you don't take the others, you won't know what's going on. I'm telling you, one simple gesture changed my riding completely. I wouldn't have known what my coach was trying to tell me nor how to put it to work for me if I hadn't taken the other levels.

• 1 month later...

Hi Silviu

As stated, everyone starts at Level 1. It is the same Level 1 course no matter who you are or how fast you are! If you go to Bulgaria, you will get exactly the same Level 1 course as you would if you came over to Silverstone or Istanbul Park, or Yas Marina. Obviously the facilities and the track in Bulgaria are not up to the same standard as those others but that is not the point. What matters is what you are prepared to get out of the course.

The very best riders are the ones that take the most information away with them and can best apply each piece of the technology we teach to their best advantage next time they ride. I will warn you than the Drakon track is very short, very bumpy and if you arrive wanting to burn around and show us how fast you are, you will be disappointed! If, however, you arrive wanting nothing more than to be the best student you can be, then we can improve your riding forever.

We bring a UK Seminarist, the Seminars are in English and translated into Bulgarian. We don't currently have any Bulgarian Coaches but as and when we do, I can assure you that they will have been through the same training as any of the California Superbike School Coaches around the world. We have usually brought along UK Coaches although for the July School we should have Mikey P from the US with too. We also have Coaches available to us from Turkey, Greece and the Middle East, again all trained by us.

Hope that helps, maybe see you out there!

Spidey

Deputy Chief Riding Coach UK

Archived