S1000Rr Race Fairings?

Anybody know of any race fairings for the S1000rr that will work with the stock exhaust? They must meet WERA's belly-pan requirements for holding fluid. Everything I have seen so far online either doesn't have a full belly pan (stops before the cat) which I assume is not race-legal, or requires removal of catalytic converter - which means I have to buy a full race exhaust system.

I don't REALLY want to have to do farirings, full exhasut, PC, etc. all at once, if there's any way to just do fairings for now and race it with the stock exhaust. If you know of any fairings that will fit over the exhaust (and not melt!) please let me know...

Thanks

Hello,

Flam-Racing has what you are looking for (they supply a number of teams)

Quality is excellent, kevlar reinforcement at all the attach points.

You need to specify that you want the race belly pan for the stock exhaust (that is what I have on mine)

S1000RR Race fairing

here you see it :

www3201.jpg

cheers

M

Hello,

Flam-Racing has what you are looking for (they supply a number of teams)

Quality is excellent, kevlar reinforcement at all the attach points.

You need to specify that you want the race belly pan for the stock exhaust (that is what I have on mine)

S1000RR Race fairing

cheers

M

Oh, this is GREAT, thank you SO MUCH! I am in the US, so I don't know if I'll be able to get these, but I am definitely going to try - I sent them an email already.

Any trouble with the catalytic converter getting hot and bubbling the paint on the belly pan? Did it come with insulation, or did you add some? Anything else I need to know about fitting the fairings, if I can get them?

I really hope I can get these, it would save me a lot of money if I can avoid changing out the full exhaust; I think this thing has enough horsepower already. :)

Thanks again, I really do appreciate this info.

[Any trouble with the catalytic converter getting hot and bubbling the paint on the belly pan? Did it come with insulation, or did you add some? Anything else I need to know about fitting the fairings, if I can get them?

Hottie;

If you can find a way to protect the finish and the paint on a belly pan please let us all know. I have tried different types of unlined and foil faced insulation and nothing works. I typically repaint my pan every fourth or fifth track event using rattle-can semi-gloss black header paint. Even that paint blisters and bubbles. The trick for me was to divorce the graphics of the bike from the utilitarian belly pan so defects in finish look like scrapes on a car's under front bumber air dam. I also decided to consider these blisters as battle scars so when it is refinished, it reminds me to get it back out again. ;) .

Rain

Not sure if this is used for bikes, but when I did film work we used to use a cloth called (and not sure of spelling) refasil. It was great, nothing ever burnt it.

CF

What about Kevlar??? Not encased in the fibreglass resin like a normal bike part but attached to the inside of the fairing using double sided tape or an adhesive of some sort??? It is used in mechanics gloves so they can handle hot parts straight off cars and bikes (i.e. pit lane) and other heat affected applications so must have decent heat resistant properties.

I have tried wrapping the exhaust and using the ali heat shield on the fairing (both at the same time) and it helped but it still didn't work 100%.

[Any trouble with the catalytic converter getting hot and bubbling the paint on the belly pan? Did it come with insulation, or did you add some? Anything else I need to know about fitting the fairings, if I can get them?

Hottie;

If you can find a way to protect the finish and the paint on a belly pan please let us all know. I have tried different types of unlined and foil faced insulation and nothing works. I typically repaint my pan every fourth or fifth track event using rattle-can semi-gloss black header paint. Even that paint blisters and bubbles. The trick for me was to divorce the graphics of the bike from the utilitarian belly pan so defects in finish look like scrapes on a car's under front bumber air dam. I also decided to consider these blisters as battle scars so when it is refinished, it reminds me to get it back out again. ;) .

Rain

That was already pretty much my plan, actually - paint the bellyplan black, exclude it from the paint scheme; I learned the hard way with the last bike. Also: for regular track days, leave it off, only use it for race days, and I plan to just buy a replacement belly pan when I get the aftermarket exhaust. On my ZX6R there was no way I could insulate it enough against the stock cat, I just left the belly pan off except for race days, but once I went with the full exhust the thick foil backed insulation worked - more room for airflow, more room for insulation, plus of course the pipe didn't get hot the way the cat would.

I did find three fairings companies that said their bellypan will fit over the stock cat (one in the US and two in Europe), if anyone wants the info PM me. It will probably be about a month before I have any data about actual track performance of the fairings.

Archived