Wearing Spectacle While Riding, Stiffen Up Body Movement

leesh

Dear bikers,

Would like to get some feedback from bikers with spectacle on while riding. I noticed that my body was stiff as my head need to lift up higher to look further. In doing that, I felt that my body movement was not flexible. I haven't try using contact lense yet, but just wanted to get some feedback from anyone out that had such same experience. Below are some picture of my body positioning. Any type of comments, very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

Lee S1000RR - Malaysia

IMG_2279wp.jpg

IMG_2357wp.jpg

IMG_2323wp.jpg

You don't look stiff to me :huh: Contact lenses are praised by many, though, and could be beneficial. Only if you should be unlucky enough to have a lense shift or, worse, get some tiny dirt particle trapped underneath, would you be in trouble; a speck of dust between eye and lens would just about make it impossible to keep either eye open from pain.

I use glasses when I ride, but I do not race. I don't think much about it, but when riding at the limit I can see some issues. First, vision is distorted. Secondly, what you see outside the frame doesn't match with what you see through the glasses. Third, the frames impair on vision. Fourth, you can get pressure points behind your ears causing aches that distracts you.

Your best option, if it means a lot to you, would be lazer operation to free you from any eye correction. The second best would be lenses. The final solution, but still an improvement over your current glasses, would be to get frameless spectacles that are large enough to virtually eliminate the chance to look around the lenses.

Personally, though, I stopped wearing lenses 25 years ago. I don't think it's a great idea to have items on my eyes all day long. I'm also sceptical about surgery because it doesn't solve everything for life. So I'm happy wearing glasses. Besides, they hide most of the crookedness from my multiple-times broken nose :D

I've worn glasses for many years, it's not a problem on the road and I don't think they restrict my field of vision much. They can move around with the helmet more than I would like sometimes, instead of sitting on my nose. Do try contact lenses, you'll find you have more wind in your eyes but the field of vision is a lot better. If you think your glasses are restricting you, then you've found something that needs changing.

Lee,

One thing we have also tried is simply raising the helmet on the head, a little foam padding in the top can bring the helmet up, had very good results simply making it easier to see.

Best,

CF

Lee,

One thing we have also tried is simply raising the helmet on the head, a little foam padding in the top can bring the helmet up, had very good results simply making it easier to see.

Best,

CF

You say this over and over, Cobie. We'll catch on sooner or later. Haha.

I got laser surgery. Even if I had to do it again it would be completely worth it. I had it done 12 years ago and am going strong.

It looks like you're not turning your head far enough into the corners. That could be the reason for being stiff.

I got laser surgery. Even if I had to do it again it would be completely worth it. I had it done 12 years ago and am going strong.

It looks like you're not turning your head far enough into the corners. That could be the reason for being stiff.

Jason,

Do you mean I need to drop my head more so that body would be flexible? - (I thought I should "head down" more actually, but unfortunately if I do that and when my eyes roll up to look further, I can't see as my spectacle is right in front of my eyes).

So, I guess I'm gonna try with contact lenses on my next TD. Hopefully, there's no discomfort on my ride as I felt very uneasy using contact lenses.

Thanks for all the feedback given. Appreciated it...

I just started wearing contacts haven't used them during a track day just street riding so far. What I notice is if I have the front vent on my helmet open it tends to dry my eyes out more. If I blink more I don't even notice them there. I also love wearing them don't miss my glasses at all.

I just started wearing contacts haven't used them during a track day just street riding so far. What I notice is if I have the front vent on my helmet open it tends to dry my eyes out more. If I blink more I don't even notice them there. I also love wearing them don't miss my glasses at all.

Like Jasonzilla said, I've heard other guys say it was well worth the money to do the laser thing. My eye issue won't fix with that, but for those it does, seems like a good thing.

CF

Archived