Hello Everybody!

Hey there,

I am Taylor, been a riding for 3 years and just decided to start racing for a living. Got myself a 2003 CBR600RR which I will race around for while until I get a track bike. Did level one last october which was awesome but besides that, I have never been on a track, mostly just carving up the mountain roads, not the safest place to practice though. Gonna start going to track days soon, but need a suit, and insurance. Anyway, just thought I was say Hi.

Taylor

Hi Taylor,

Glad you made it up here.

We met recently, and there might be some used suits in the loft, let me know if you are interested in a used one.

Best,

CF

Hi Taylor,

Welcome to the forum! And good luck with the racing. You know what they say, the way you make a small fortune in racing is to start out with a large one :D . I have neither the fortune nor the skill to race so I will live vicariously through others (and enjoy the fact that even I can look fast in a photo ;) ).

As for a suit you should check out Ayden Lee Racing, I needed a custom suit and I have been very happy with the quality, the fit, and the customer service. Brett is the owner (as well as an active NESBA rider) and he does this as a side to his retail clothing business. You can really tell this a a "labor of love" for him.

Best of luck,

Carey

Ha ha, well hopefully I can get sponsored before I go completely broke. Those are some nice suits, maybe for when I start competing.

Does your handle have anything to do with the Jerky Boys?

• 4 weeks later...

Pablo I'm also a newbie. This past weekend at WSIR I completed Level 3, but am just barely scratching the surface.

Yup to Radiohead, in a functional way. In that little space between sessions you'll see me with my iPhone,

under a fake plastic tree, listening to OK Computer and Kid A.

I find this helpful

1. to focus my thoughts
  2. to un-focus my thoughts
  3. to think-it-through mental maps
  4. to focus on curriculum, not rider advice, and most importantly,
  5. to generally settle my mental suspension

Justin

Pablo I'm also a newbie. This past weekend at WSIR I completed Level 3, but am just barely scratching the surface.

Yup to Radiohead, in a functional way. In that little space between sessions you'll see me with my iPhone,

under a fake plastic tree, listening to OK Computer and Kid A.

I find this helpful

1. to focus my thoughts
  2. to un-focus my thoughts
  3. to think-it-through mental maps
  4. to focus on curriculum, not rider advice, and most importantly,
  5. to generally settle my mental suspension

Justin

Awesome dude, I prefer to have "no surprises" while I ride.

Yeah, I probably wont be on the track for a while, (decided to go back to school) but a suit would be real nice for mountain rides.

Archived