Q2's 50 Vs 55

Well this year I purchased my new set of Q2's for my CBR1000rr. I use to have 190/50-17 on the rear but this time I put 55's.. WOW it feels amazing going into turns. So if you are running 50's on the back next time try 55's you gona love the way it turns.

Pat

Hi Pat, I heard there was an issue with the C-ABS and the 55 (here in Germany the 55's have been put off the list of available tires for the ABS-Blade, no Problems with the non-ABS-Blade though). In case you have ABS, did you ever experience any problems with it?

Well this year I purchased my new set of Q2’s for my CBR1000rr. I use to have 190/50-17 on the rear but this time I put 55’s.. WOW it feels amazing going into turns. So if you are running 50’s on the back next time try 55’s you gona love the way it turns.

Pat

Good to know, thanks... Gonna pick up my 'Blade on Saturday!! I can't wait!!!

Clicky for My Fireblade

Hi Pat, I heard there was an issue with the C-ABS and the 55 (here in Germany the 55's have been put off the list of available tires for the ABS-Blade, no Problems with the non-ABS-Blade though). In case you have ABS, did you ever experience any problems with it?

I would be inclined to dismiss this to be part of the "interesting" German rules on tires (only specifically marked versions of certain tires are legal to put onto each individual motorcycle model), but do you have some references on this (even if in Deutch).

MvG, Kai ("Ich spreche nur Tankstellendeutch")

I would be inclined to dismiss this to be part of the "interesting" German rules on tires (only specifically marked versions of certain tires are legal to put onto each individual motorcycle model), but do you have some references on this (even if in Deutch).

MvG, Kai ("Ich spreche nur Tankstellendeutch")

Even in "Deutch"

sc59abs1guc0.jpg

Here is the link to the page itself:

http://www.cbr1000rr...blade.html#SC59

If you scroll down you see the SC59 without ABS which still includes the 55. (it starts at the button of the printscreen, the printscreen itself is about the SC59 ABS Blade

If you scroll down you see the SC59 without ABS which still includes the 55. (it starts at the button of the printscreen, the printscreen itself is about the SC59 ABS Blade

If I look at the SC59 (without ABS), the 55 model is recalled by Continental for this model too. I looked into the PDF from Continental using google translate (dangerous...) I didn't see anything that argued against the 55's for the ABS model.

Kai

If I look at the SC59 (without ABS), the 55 model is recalled by Continental for this model too. I looked into the PDF from Continental using google translate (dangerous...) I didn't see anything that argued against the 55's for the ABS model.

Kai

Look at the printscreen and you see that the 55 has been recalled for the SC59 ABS by Continental, Michelin and Pirelli.

It's true that Continental Sport Attack has been recalled for the non ABS too, I have no idea why.

edit: P.S.: Laws in Germany about tires are very strict because we don't have a speed limit on Autobahns (why should we :lol: )

Archived