Anyone Read This Book?

aslcbr600

I am only posting this because Keith has his own training inputs also within the book otherwise I wouldn't post this here.

I recently purchased "The technology of riding MotoGP skills" book wrote by Andy Ibbott and pieces from Keith Code, I am still waiting for the book in the mail but from the reviews I read Keith does a really good job of going over how to understand your suspension settings and how to dial in your suspension with a 10 step process.

The reviews looked promising but the bigger picture of why I purchased the book was because it goes into more of the racing part of riding. Has anyone else read this book yet? Seems like people were skeptical of it and once they cracked it open they considered it just as helpful as the Twist books.

I am only posting this because Keith has his own training inputs also within the book otherwise I wouldn't post this here.

I recently purchased "The technology of riding MotoGP skills" book wrote by Andy Ibbott and pieces from Keith Code, I am still waiting for the book in the mail but from the reviews I read Keith does a really good job of going over how to understand your suspension settings and how to dial in your suspension with a 10 step process.

The reviews looked promising but the bigger picture of why I purchased the book was because it goes into more of the racing part of riding. Has anyone else read this book yet? Seems like people were skeptical of it and once they cracked it open they considered it just as helpful as the Twist books.

Andy sent me a copy a while back, and I'll confess I haven't given it due review. I'll be interested to hear what you think.

I am glad it's still based on his principles, I just like what other techniques the book goes over that Twist 2 doesn't like different racing lines, crashing and ect. After this book there is another I want to checkout as well but going to keep it one book at a time and make sure I understand the material in each book before frying my brain! lol.

What exactly do you mean by a due review? Did you think there was conflicting information in the book? It wont get here for another 4 stupid days!! Of course none of my local book stores had it either!

I have it (bought it in '09 when I was in the UK and got both Andy and Keith to sign it) and I have read it too.

Note that the book is also branded with the MotoGP name, so there are more ties than just to the school.

As I recall, the book is quite OK, but doesn't provide any earth-shattering new information. From memory, the book more talks about 'all the other things' in racing (ie not cornering): passing, braking, physical fitness, the mental game/plan, a bit about bike prepping. It also shows telemetry data from Andy and Hopper doing a lap on the (then) Suzuki Rizla+ MotoGP bike. Andy's comment: "Where am I slower? - everywhere!"

I have it (bought it in '09 when I was in the UK and got both Andy and Keith to sign it) and I have read it too.

Note that the book is also branded with the MotoGP name, so there are more ties than just to the school.

As I recall, the book is quite OK, but doesn't provide any earth-shattering new information. From memory, the book more talks about 'all the other things' in racing (ie not cornering): passing, braking, physical fitness, the mental game/plan, a bit about bike prepping. It also shows telemetry data from Andy and Hopper doing a lap on the (then) Suzuki Rizla+ MotoGP bike. Andy's comment: "Where am I slower? - everywhere!"

Yea I wasn't looking for a cornering book so I am glad it's not focused on that, would you say it's worth 25.00? lol

The book arrived today and I am already on page 56, I have to say I love this book so far. Maybe for the more advanced racer/ trackday rider this book so far would be a little more of a refresher but for a novice like me it's starting to fill in some holes that were left after reading the Twist II book.

I am taking notes as I read the book and I am honestly not disappointed with the material at all. I will however say that I would still advise Twist II to be read prior to reading this book because the information isn't quite as detailed in other areas such as in Twist II when it comes to handle bar pressure and throttle control, things like that. The throttle control in this book is dedicated more to racing application but still requires the knowledge from Twist II

So far I think both books kinda play off each other!