Monday 04/01 Sonoma Raceway

Well, it took a year to plan out and book a date for the CSS, was signed up for Monday’s 04/01/13 track day at Sonoma Raceway and I was looking forward to learning and improving my riding but it seems like Mother Nature had other plans and due to continuous raining the day was canceled..:(

Was able to meet quite a few ppl and share stories and riding experiences, if it didn’t rain I think it would have been a pretty awesome day…everyone from CSS was nice and polite and answered any questions I had….

The coaches took our safety into great consideration when making the decision to cancel the day...even when it looked like the raining was clearing out the coaches waited and stated a damp track is still wet and must be completely dry…wish their was a throttle control rule to shut off the rain…lol..:P…oh well, hopefully I be able to attending the next track day they have Sonoma at the end of September.

Until then safe riding…:)

Kumar;

I have attended CSS at Laguna Seca and at Sears Point (Infineon) both in the rain and with clear skies. They will run Laguna in the rain but Sears Point is too slick to ride safely when wet. It's a big disappointment but look at it this way, you live in NoCal, imagine if you flew in from NY and it rained - DAMHIK. Regardless, I think Sears is so much more fun than Laguna, even with the Corkscrew that I would encourage you to keep signing up for that location.

Rainman

they ran the second day at Infineon and even the morning with the slight misture from morning dew/fot - it was a bit slick in the morning. .. cleared up nicely. First time on this track and it was one helluva good experience. Very technical and tricky track but was worth it. . .

It is a nice track. It was repaved some years ago, we ran then and it was OK. But it didn't take long to revert back to un-rideable. Too bad!

Sometimes its better to opt for Streets of Willow Springs, especially if traveling from afar.

Isn't Willow Springs a bumpy track?

Kinda. I think Cobie's point is that Willows sits right on the edge of the Mojave Desert, which means that it very very rarely rains and there are few few/no issues if they run over time (no neighbours!).

It pretty rarely rans at Sears Point (nee Infineon, nee Sonoma raceway) though your chances of clear skies are better in the fall than the spring.

I have ridden on that track in the wet and suffice to say, the pucker factor is beyond belief. Guys were crashing all over the place.

But it is a great track, going through the carousel is heaven on a bike.

• 2 weeks later...