Where We Are, What We Are Doing--2013

I'm sure this is hardly needed with the new Facebook page...but, I'm never on FB! We had a good early summer trip, just now wrapping up with 6 days at the Streets, including a CODERACE school that didn't even make the calendar--it was full from stand by's from the earlier school! I had a short trip to the UK branch, went very well, made it to the Ace London Café, think that was the name. Great old café racer hangout from the old days: guys used to race by the road out front, see if they could get to 100 mph. The schools were jam packed, and it's nice to be in that culture where riding is so accepted...everyone does it. More to come. Cobie

Hey Cobie,

I'm jealous of your trip to the Ace, what a piece of living motorcycle history! As sportbike enthusiasts we owe quite a bit to the cafe riders who where "chasing the ton". Also glad to hear you are having a good season on this side of the pond.

Best,

Carey

My brother works on bikes that struggle to do the ton. I had a trackday at Auto Club and just for laughs sent him a pick of the last corner leading onto the NASCAR bank doing over 100 mph with Ton Up stickers on my bike. Glad you're having a good time.

Hi all, here is some news: Keith is heading down to Barber for the AMA National, going to be with Joe Roberts. Joe tested there a few weeks back and never having ridden a 600, set the fastest time that weekend, and was on the podium in each race. Like to see how he does this weekend!

thanks for letting us know Tyler.

I have said how lame it is that we don't have decent coverage in the US any more? How about WSB?

LAME!!!

• 4 months later...

Just got back from Vegas...wow, hard to imagine 2 nicer days!

Weather was just perfect, not a cloud in the sky, cool-ish in the mornings but got warm enough to be pleasant, no wind, 2 excellent days at the track.

And we have 4 more coming at Streets, with weather looking to be about the same!

Spring and Fall in SoCal/southern Nevada, hard to beat!

• 1 month later...

Most of you are likely up to date, Gerry posted a lot of good stuff about our trip to Taiwan and then Oz. Great trip, really. The guys down under and so into the sport, the track out at Phillip Island is just fantastic. I think the other 2 coaches that went with me (Jon and Gerry) pretty much rank it as their number 1.

All in all great trip!