Question On Tires Upon Arrival To Css

If I fail tech because of my tires, will CSS be able to help me install tires on my bike if I buy them there? I have a brand new 12' R1 and it came with these weird kind of Dunlops, says they are "Qualifier II" but don't look like the Q2's I usually buy. Here's a pic.20130731_064212_zps30499cd7.jpghttp://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c140/franco802/20130729_193945_zpsf8687309.jpg

You would not fail tech due to the TYPE of tire, if that is your concern. As long as they are not worn out or damaged those tires are fine for tech.

If you do want a tire change, yes Will can usually do that for you - best to catch him as early as possible so he has time to get it done. Even better if you can let the school know in advance, if you know you will want then changed.

I seem to recall that Dunlop sells a street version of the Q2 to dealers and shops, and a track version to track/race tire distributors. CSS sells and uses the track version.

The Dunlop Qualifier II are sold in Europe (but apparently not in the US) - they should be fine.

Try using the search function; I recall Steve answering about the Q2 vs Qualifier II.

The Dunlop Qualifier II are sold in Europe (but apparently not in the US) - they should be fine.

Try using the search function; I recall Steve answering about the Q2 vs Qualifier II.

Wow, you are the first person to know what these are! I have asked numerous people and are clueless. I will do a search. Thank you.

Ok. from what I gathered, these tires I have are the Q2's for Europe like KHP said. Thanks for the info again. For some reason I just didn't feel that confident with these tires like I did on my 05' R1 with Q2's. Damn, it's amazing how weird it feels when you don't know anything about your tires. I didn't know whether these were sticky enough, or maybe harder etc.. Thanks again for the info.

If the tires will be a distraction for you, change them. The school has a great student discount price on the Q2s. I imagine your current Qualifier IIs would work fine, but if there is some question in your mind or you aren't comfortable on them I'd hate to see you feel limited or distracted during your school day by that.

I have never regretted spending a little extra money on tires for peace of mind - for example, once I had a bike puke oil on an expensive brand-new rear tire. I cleaned the oil off right away and everyone - incluing the tire vendor - said the tire would be fine. But, I wasn't quite comfortable, wasn't willing to ride fast on it, so I bought ANOTHER new tire and was much happier for having done it. I've also changed nearly new tires of a brand I was unfamiliar with, just because I wanted to know what I was riding on.

One other point to consider - have you had the suspension set up on the new bike? That might be part of what feels weird to you compared to the '05 - but also if you plan to run Q2s in the future, you may want to put them on NOW, then have Will set up your suspension, then you are done and don't need to re-examine the settings later when you change from the Qualifier II to the Q2.

Ok. from what I gathered, these tires I have are the Q2's for Europe like KHP said. Thanks for the info again. For some reason I just didn't feel that confident with these tires like I did on my 05' R1 with Q2's. Damn, it's amazing how weird it feels when you don't know anything about your tires. I didn't know whether these were sticky enough, or maybe harder etc.. Thanks again for the info.

Spec tires that the oem motorcycle manufacturers have purpose built for a bike are vastly different from the aftermarket tires, even of the same name.

So I bet your past experience with Q2's is more what you would again experience with Q2's or the new Q3's vs what you experience now with oe original spec tires on your new bike.

Spec tires that the oem motorcycle manufacturers have purpose built for a bike are vastly different from the aftermarket tires, even of the same name.

So I bet your past experience with Q2's is more what you would again experience with Q2's or the new Q3's vs what you experience now with oe original spec tires on your new bike.

Who do I call or talk to, to get a price on some Q2's for my bike? Also, I was about to get my suspension set up on my bike this Monday morning.

Who do I call or talk to, to get a price on some Q2's for my bike? Also, I was about to get my suspension set up on my bike this Monday morning.

found this :

https://secure.echoa...keschool/store/

Contact our office for exact shipping costs and to place orders, (800) 530-3350.