New Ama Starting Next Year

It looks like we may see the beginnings of a series that actually care about motorcycle racing in the US. The classes should reflect the FIM classes. This should help promote our younger riders to the world level.

DMG is gone at the end of this year!

http://www.cyclenews.com/646/24985/Racing-Article/AMA-Road-Racing--Wayne-Rainey-In--DMG-Out.aspx

or

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/208280/1/rainey-to-help-run-american-road-racing.html

I really hope this isn't April Fool's day in September.

That is AWESOME news, I just hope they make watching it a little easier for the fans. I liked the idea of the online streaming, but the execution of it seems lacking. I honestly got tired of waiting for the races to be released for the online DVR and gave up watching AMA altogether this year.

I hadn't seen the part about the on-line streaming, hope we can get real TV coverage, that will be key in the end. I'm also hopeful! Rainey, like some others, can for sure look at the bigger picture. Right after his injury, he became a team owner.

This year AMA switched to a online streaming format with a new web service called Fanschoice.tv , the coverage itself wasn't exactly on par with what MotoGP gets, but it was free to watch which was nice. It just always seem like it took them a few weeks to put up a race for online viewing if you couldn't watch the live stream, which was annoying and caused me to lose interest in following the racing this year.

I agree Cobie, but good luck with that over here. They don't even show the podium ceremony after a MotoGP race, much less Moto2/3 races except on rare occasions. At least online you can usually see the whole race without commercial interruption. If you hook up a device like Apple TV you can stream it to your TV and even watch in hi definition. It can be a pretty good way to go.

Benny

The problem is it will most likely end up with TV rights on some obscure channel like MAV TV which had the broadcasts of the SuperBike Shootout this season and to actually watch that channel you need the super top tier cable package with extra sports channels for $$$$, If your cable provider even carries it. I cant justify paying for a premium cable package just to watch some more racing, Online Streaming would have been fine if they had simply posted the online DVR the following day, The Red Bull Rookies Cup makes it work on their website just fine

Yeah, paying that much for TV is irritating.

Lets see what we get. If its the same guys that own Dorna, et al, then maybe we'll get something decent.

• 2 months later...