New from DC/ AZ

AdamZisa

Hey! My name is Adam Z. I am looking to get heavily involved in racing....now! I am from Arlington, VA and I am moving to Phoenix, AZ in August. I will be racing at Chuckwalla as soon as I can! I have taken Level I and II at Streets of Willow earlier this year and loved it. Hooked. Cannot get enough! I am taking Level III in September at Streets again. 

My riding experience is definitely new (only a year old) but I learn fast and listen well. I raced an 1198s and blew it up...it will be rebuilt! Until then, I have an 848 evo for the street, and I am going to buy an S1000rr in December. 

I came to learn how to ride safer, faster, and better. I do not ride that fast on the street, but if there is a race at the track, I get soooo hype. I love it and I love finding a flow. I am learning a lot and cannot wait to keep learning!!!!! I have a few personal goals for riding and racing, one of them being the IoM TT within the next 4 years. 

Thank you for allowing me to join and for this community of education. 

PS- I want to be the fastest of all time ever. Big dreams, big personality, standing at an astounding 5'3".

• Like 1

On 7/25/2017 at 1:31 PM, Hotfoot said:

Sounds like you've got lots of plans, that's exciting!  Chuckwalla is a fun track and I hear the racing group out there is friendly and fun, you should have a blast. Hope to meet you at Streets, are you doing CodeRACE or the regular school? 

Yes! I plan everything ever haha. I have heard the same and started connecting with some people out there via FB group. This time on the 10th of September I will be doing Level III. I do plan to do CodeRACE when my schedule aligns. I have taken one racing school to earn my license, but I definitely want more!!! It would be nice to meet you too! I was telling Cobie over the phone on Monday that I have checked out a few threads on here and noticed Hotfoot is everywhere! Thank you for your teaching! 

On 7/26/2017 at 7:55 AM, Jaybird180 said:

@AdamZisa - It's too bad you're moving in a couple weeks as you're near my neck of the woods. Finding track riders is always a welcome thing in my book.

Good luck in your endeavors.

Thank you so much!
Ah! Right on. I did do track days at Summit on both circuits. I met some people but generally stayed with myself at the track. I loved the coach I worked with through Roger Lyle's track days. He taught me how to demonstrate confidence and read the riders around me. I definitely want to have fun at the track and meet more people! I wish I had a bike to ride today!!!!!! (It is my birthday and all of my bikes are shipped to Arizona...)

I wish I could help, but I've got 3 motorcycles in various phases of un-rideable repair :-(

One needs the rearsets mounted

One is in need of a throttle cable

The other is a makeover that's taken waaaaay too long to finish (46 days and counting) and currently stands at 76.1% complete

On ‎7‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:41 AM, AdamZisa said:

Yes! I plan everything ever haha. I have heard the same and started connecting with some people out there via FB group. This time on the 10th of September I will be doing Level III. I do plan to do CodeRACE when my schedule aligns. I have taken one racing school to earn my license, but I definitely want more!!! It would be nice to meet you too! I was telling Cobie over the phone on Monday that I have checked out a few threads on here and noticed Hotfoot is everywhere! Thank you for your teaching! 

Well, I'm not sure yet if I'll be there on Sept 10 but my husband will be, doing Level 4. He races, could probably tell you about local racing, WERA, etc. He is a regular Level 4 student and has done CodeRACE, and races with WERA (as do I), they are great to race with and come to Auto Club Speedway at least a few times a year, another good racing option for you. I hope you can get to CodeRACE, that will be fun and help you a lot with your racing.

5 minutes ago, Hotfoot said:

Well, I'm not sure yet if I'll be there on Sept 10 but my husband will be, doing Level 4. He races, could probably tell you about local racing, WERA, etc. He is a regular Level 4 student and has done CodeRACE, and races with WERA (as do I), they are great to race with and come to Auto Club Speedway at least a few times a year, another good racing option for you. I hope you can get to CodeRACE, that will be fun and help you a lot with your racing.

I would appreciate all the help I can get! Thank you! And great I will ask around when I get there! :) Yes I want to know all the racing organizations out here!!! I will do CodeRACE for sure. It's definite! 

2 hours ago, AdamZisa said:

I would appreciate all the help I can get! Thank you! And great I will ask around when I get there! :) Yes I want to know all the racing organizations out here!!! I will do CodeRACE for sure. It's definite! 

Book your plance at CodeRACE early - the spots tend to sell out very quickly.