Sex Pistols vs Aretha Franklin

faffi

This is why I ride, see video below, as some will already know. No, I cannot ride like that, which is why I prefer narrow unfamiliar winding roads with limited visibility - it gives a similar sensation at a much slower pace. Thankfully, I have eventually matured somewhat, but going back a few years, Nirvana for me was to be able to scrape the undercarriage through every corner on just such an unfamiliar road. Now I am too old and too brittle and too risk focused, but I do miss taking things to my personal limits.

Track racing for me is onlyu exiting to watch if there is tight racing going on. I know it takes a lot of skill to race like Rossi & Co, but it is about perfection. Like the Sex Pistols,  pure road racing is just raw, without the finesse of perfection. You could say that road racing is carving with a chain saw, whereas track racing is using a precision knife.

I suppose most on this board, which is about perfecting techniques - and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, mind! - will ignore the video. But those who do take the time to watch it will also be able to enjoy the comments from the race winner as he takes you through the challenges and successes of his final lap of the 2018 race. 

Many do so listening to Sex Pistols as well 😁 

(I tend to fall quickly to sleep listening to "noisy music" because it relaxes me, while so called "relaxing music" really get on my nerves. In other words, we all differ. Thankfully) 

It's becoming a missile through a house or rock wall that grabs my attention.  I admire the _____ outta those boys, but like the guy that free climbed El Capitan...not even vaguely interested.

I like some Sex Pistols now and again, but man, that's exhausting to watch!  

Faffi, there is a pretty interesting documentary called 'Road Riders' (a shoot-off from the film 'Road', about the Dunlop's racing story) about the Irish road racing scene focussing on the club level and weekenders - the other end of the glory scale of the TT!  I think it could be on Netflix...

The first video with Hickman - incredible!  He must have the same, very rare, amygdala / frontal cortex neurology as Alex Honnold (the El Capitan free-solo climber) to ride so fearless.  What scares the bejeezus out of 99.99% of us doesn't even move the needle for these folks. Fascinating stuff. 

• Like 1