10 things racers do to go faster

faffi

I'll admit I haven't watched it yet, but based on just the thumbnail it reminds me of a problem with "Copy the Pros" logic I see from a lot of riders -- If you try to just brake harder you're likely going to outrun your eyes and, in a best case scenario, will end up over slowing. Yes pros brake harder but how they do that with confidence is a bunch of background things that are much more involved to learn.

• 5 months later...

Thank you for encouraging me to finally watch this video @faffi. I'd been intentionally avoiding it because the preview was a turnoff for similar reasons @yakarumentions. I usually enjoy his channel, videos and approach to various subject material and I'm glad that I finally watched this one.

I've spent a lot of years in the academics of riding and if I could do it over again, I wouldn't have taken the same approach, borrowing ideas from various sources until I had a firm foundation on the practical application of the basics. Mr Code talks about this and when I went to my TOTWII book to find where, I was astonished to see it was as early as the Author's Note...before the book even starts.

In the note, KC talks about technology vs tips. It's very insightful and I recommend anyone that if you have a copy of the book to have a re-read of that part.

• Like 1