My Honda 125

shimran964

• 3 weeks later...

Just been on the new 2021 cb125f for about 5months, Make sure to keep the oil checked if you're running it +60mph maxing all the gears because the 125's seem to use up engine oil up much faster than the recommended service intervals. Also grease the rear break mechanism and chain tension adjustment screws because they corrode. 

2 hours ago, D_Gray said:

Just been on the new 2021 cb125f for about 5months, Make sure to keep the oil checked if you're running it +60mph maxing all the gears because the 125's seem to use up engine oil up much faster than the recommended service intervals. Also grease the rear break mechanism and chain tension adjustment screws because they corrode. 

5months…on a Honda…are you sure it’s broken-in yet 🤣

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jaybird180 said:

5months…on a Honda…are you sure it’s broken-in yet 🤣

haha, was a used with about 4k miles on already, thing is with the 125cc they're so low power (12-13hp) you're on the redline revmatching all the gears just getting up to 65mph in some wind, it's like doing track days every day on something like a 500cc, so you just use up oil quicker from what I've seen and the people I've been talking too. You get a lot more of them in the UK because everyone is stuck on the CBT single day training course license, because you don't have to pass a test.

182fc.jpg

Nice bike!

I am wondering: how many oil changes has it had? Some oil consumption is normal and expected, and I have no idea what the spec is but I don't see much consumption on the many Honda engines I've owned. Of course, if it needs oil, add oil.

If its beyond 2-3 oil changes and the bike is still under warranty, I'd have the dealer look at the rings for peace of mind.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My dealer us useless tbh, had the bike come back with a slack chain and they didn't even have another CST tyre for my squared off rear so I was on mixed tyres. Was a big mistake buying so new with such a cheap lower power motorcycle, should have just gone for one from the 2010's and spent the money on tool's.

Fell off once cause the front wobbles on front break application even if you're really smooth on the breaks. Odd for such a low power motorcycle with low pressure breaks. My '06 cbf500 is much better on the breaks, maybe it's just the front forks.